Should members of the LSU Board of Supervisors disclose who receives their scholarships?|
Story Archives: Warhawks fall to Middle Tennessee State
- 2013 - 801 articles
- 2012 - 1954 articles
- 2011 - 2029 articles
- 2010 - 2139 articles
- 2009 - 2066 articles
- December 2009 - 163 articles
- November 2009 - 166 articles
- October 2009 - 231 articles
- September 2009 - 161 articles
- August 2009 - 136 articles
- July 2009 - 153 articles
- June 2009 - 126 articles
- May 2009 - 164 articles
- April 2009 - 242 articles
- March 2009 - 204 articles
- February 2009 - 163 articles
- February 28th, 2009 (Saturday) - 3 articles
- February 27th, 2009 (Friday) - 1 articles
- February 26th, 2009 (Thursday) - 28 articles
- February 25th, 2009 (Wednesday) - 10 articles
- February 24th, 2009 (Tuesday) - 3 articles
- February 23rd, 2009 (Monday) - 1 articles
- February 21st, 2009 (Saturday) - 4 articles
- February 19th, 2009 (Thursday) - 27 articles
- February 18th, 2009 (Wednesday) - 9 articles
- February 17th, 2009 (Tuesday) - 1 articles
- February 13th, 2009 (Friday) - 10 articles
- February 12th, 2009 (Thursday) - 12 articles
- February 11th, 2009 (Wednesday) - 10 articles
- February 10th, 2009 (Tuesday) - 4 articles
- February 5th, 2009 (Thursday) - 23 articles
- February 4th, 2009 (Wednesday) - 12 articles
- February 3rd, 2009 (Tuesday) - 5 articles
- January 2009 - 157 articles
- 2008 - 1757 articles
|Warhawks fall to Middle Tennessee State|
Middle Tennessee came out firing early and coasted to a 77-54 win over the ULM men's basketball team Saturday inside the Murphy Center in Murfreesboro, Tenn.
The Blue Raiders cooled in the second period to finish the game hitting on 45.3 percent of their shots from the field after hitting on 61.3 percent in the opening stanza. Complimenting the offense was a defense that limited the Warhawks to 39.1 percent shooting and forced 22 turnovers.
Middle Tennessee (14-8, 8-3 Sun Belt) guard Demetrius Green tied with teammate Kevin Kanaskie for a game-high 15 points and personified the Blue Raiders' hot shooting by hitting on 7-of-11 shots from the floor. Green also finished with a game-high 11 rebounds to help the Blue Raiders to a 41-31 advantage on the glass.
Sophomore Lawrence Gilbert finished with a team-high 11 points for ULM (7-14, 3-7 Sun Belt).
The Blue Raiders blitzed the Warhawks at the opening tip, starting with a 14-5 run in the game's opening five minutes. ULM committed six of its 12 first-half turnovers during the stretch. Middle Tennessee poured it on early to stake a 20-point advantage at the intermission. Green was 6-for-7 for 13 points in the opening half to pace three Blue Raiders with double-digits.
ULM stiffened on defense in the second half and limited Middle Tennessee to 30.3 percent shooting, but the damage had already been done.
The Warhawks return home for a Thursday night bout against Western Kentucky University inside Fant-Ewing Coliseum at 7 p.m.