Should members of the LSU Board of Supervisors disclose who receives their scholarships?|
Story Archives: West Ouachita looks to rebound from loss to Carroll
- 2013 - 844 articles
- 2012 - 1954 articles
- 2011 - 2029 articles
- 2010 - 2139 articles
- 2009 - 2066 articles
- December 2009 - 163 articles
- November 2009 - 166 articles
- October 2009 - 231 articles
- September 2009 - 161 articles
- August 2009 - 136 articles
- July 2009 - 153 articles
- June 2009 - 126 articles
- May 2009 - 164 articles
- April 2009 - 242 articles
- March 2009 - 204 articles
- February 2009 - 163 articles
- February 28th, 2009 (Saturday) - 3 articles
- February 27th, 2009 (Friday) - 1 articles
- February 26th, 2009 (Thursday) - 28 articles
- February 25th, 2009 (Wednesday) - 10 articles
- February 24th, 2009 (Tuesday) - 3 articles
- February 23rd, 2009 (Monday) - 1 articles
- February 21st, 2009 (Saturday) - 4 articles
- February 19th, 2009 (Thursday) - 27 articles
- February 18th, 2009 (Wednesday) - 9 articles
- February 17th, 2009 (Tuesday) - 1 articles
- February 13th, 2009 (Friday) - 10 articles
- February 12th, 2009 (Thursday) - 12 articles
- February 11th, 2009 (Wednesday) - 10 articles
- February 10th, 2009 (Tuesday) - 4 articles
- February 5th, 2009 (Thursday) - 23 articles
- February 4th, 2009 (Wednesday) - 12 articles
- February 3rd, 2009 (Tuesday) - 5 articles
- January 2009 - 157 articles
- 2008 - 1757 articles
|West Ouachita looks to rebound from loss to Carroll|
The West Ouachita Chiefs came out competitive but eventually fell to the depth of the Carroll Bulldogs in an 87-53 win for the C-Dogs.
"We were pretty competitive in the first half," West Ouachita head coach Josh Brown said. "In the second half their depth took over. We did a better job of rebounding the basketball for a while."
Gary Thomas led West Ouachita with 24 points while Antoine Ford recorded another double-double for the Chiefs, turning in 10 points and a team-high 12 rebounds.
West Ouachita has worked hard to improve their rebounding position as they find that to be a big weakness for them in the competitive district 2-4A.
Carroll held the lead the entire way and was up 39-27 at halftime.
Carroll was led in scoring again by senior Xavier Lee who finished the game with 19 points. The Carroll bench out-hustled the Chiefs to rebounds and that made the big difference on this night.
"We were so focused and ready to play," Brown said. "We kept them off the glass for a while. We lost some focus in the second half and that hurt us in the end."
West Ouachita will host Franklin Parish on Friday where they'll look to win their first district game under first-year head coach Josh Brown.
Franklin Parish defeated Neville 85-61 on Tuesday and currently sits in first-place in the district with a 4-1 record.
The Carroll Lady Bulldogs continued their storied run as they ran their record to 23-1, including six straight district wins with a convincing 60-35 win over the West Ouachita Lady Chiefs.
Both Carroll squads will rest on Friday before heading out to face Bastrop on the road next Tuesday beginning at 6 p.m.