Should members of the LSU Board of Supervisors disclose who receives their scholarships?|
Story Archives: Louisiana Life honors P&S as best place to work
- 2013 - 801 articles
- 2012 - 1954 articles
- 2011 - 2029 articles
- 2010 - 2139 articles
- 2009 - 2066 articles
- December 2009 - 163 articles
- November 2009 - 166 articles
- October 2009 - 231 articles
- September 2009 - 161 articles
- August 2009 - 136 articles
- July 2009 - 153 articles
- June 2009 - 126 articles
- May 2009 - 164 articles
- April 2009 - 242 articles
- March 2009 - 204 articles
- February 2009 - 163 articles
- February 28th, 2009 (Saturday) - 3 articles
- February 27th, 2009 (Friday) - 1 articles
- February 26th, 2009 (Thursday) - 28 articles
- February 25th, 2009 (Wednesday) - 10 articles
- February 24th, 2009 (Tuesday) - 3 articles
- February 23rd, 2009 (Monday) - 1 articles
- February 21st, 2009 (Saturday) - 4 articles
- February 19th, 2009 (Thursday) - 27 articles
- February 18th, 2009 (Wednesday) - 9 articles
- February 17th, 2009 (Tuesday) - 1 articles
- February 13th, 2009 (Friday) - 10 articles
- February 12th, 2009 (Thursday) - 12 articles
- February 11th, 2009 (Wednesday) - 10 articles
- February 10th, 2009 (Tuesday) - 4 articles
- February 5th, 2009 (Thursday) - 23 articles
- February 4th, 2009 (Wednesday) - 12 articles
- February 3rd, 2009 (Tuesday) - 5 articles
- January 2009 - 157 articles
- 2008 - 1757 articles
|Louisiana Life honors P&S as best place to work|
P & S Surgical Hospital in Monroe was named by Louisiana Life magazine as one of the nine best places to work in the state.
The hospital is featured in the January/February edition of Louisiana Life.
P & S Surgical Hospital's CEO Linda Holyfield said the designation by Louisiana Life was a pleasant surprise.
The hospital was notified by the magazine in December it was selected as one of the top places to work in Louisiana.
Several employees were interviewed by the magazine and featured in the story, Holyfield said.
P&S was started in 1997. It has been a hospital since 2002, and has grown from 45 employees in 2002, to 135 employees today.
One of the most important goals at the hospital is customer satisfaction, Holyfield said.
"We try really hard to provide outstanding care to our customers," Holyfield said. "The reason we have high customer satisfaction is because we have an outstanding staff."
She applauded the friendliness and work ethic P&S employees, saying that across the board, P & S has the best staff around.
"No one really wants to be in a hospital, but our staff tries very hard to deliver that wow experience," Holyfield continued. "It can be just the little things that make a difference, like a smile. We have a phenomenal group here. They are simply amazing. We expect them to treat each other well and work as a team.
"It was great to be honored for patient quality, but to have our employees recognized, that's the coup de gras. We have been blessed to live in this community and blessed to have people choose to have their procedures here, and that has helped us maintain a great staff."
Each of the companies selected by Louisiana Life magazine received high marks based on a survey conducted by the magazine, randomly sampling employees. The magazine noted that high employee morale was a key ingredient in a successful company and that all those selected had raised the bar on customer service.
In citing P&S Surgical Hospital, the magazine described the hospital as combining small-town service with today's advanced technology. Open communication from top to bottom scores big points in employee responses, according to Louisiana Life's article.
"High employee morale and a friendly, patient-focused environment (at the hospital) have garnered regional and national recognition," Louisiana Life said. "P&S is listed as one of the Top 10 hospitals in the state in quality care and ranked nationally in the 99th percentile for inpatient satisfaction."
"Recognition like this in Louisiana Life is always appreciated and really substantiates our philosophy of putting the patient first by embracing a culture that espouses quality care with quality caring," Holyfield added.
A number of employees are quoted in the Louisiana Life article touching on topics ranging from the expertise and quality of care on the part of the doctors, nurses and support staff to the teamwork found in every department and the culture of caring throughout the organization.
The magazine article can be read in its entirety at www.louisianalife.com.