Should members of the LSU Board of Supervisors disclose who receives their scholarships?|
Story Archives: Wossman attempts to keep pace in district race
- 2013 - 802 articles
- 2012 - 1954 articles
- 2011 - 2029 articles
- 2010 - 2139 articles
- 2009 - 2066 articles
- December 2009 - 163 articles
- November 2009 - 166 articles
- October 2009 - 231 articles
- September 2009 - 161 articles
- August 2009 - 136 articles
- July 2009 - 153 articles
- June 2009 - 126 articles
- May 2009 - 164 articles
- April 2009 - 242 articles
- March 2009 - 204 articles
- February 2009 - 163 articles
- January 2009 - 157 articles
- January 29th, 2009 (Thursday) - 16 articles
- January 28th, 2009 (Wednesday) - 22 articles
- January 27th, 2009 (Tuesday) - 2 articles
- January 26th, 2009 (Monday) - 1 articles
- January 23rd, 2009 (Friday) - 12 articles
- January 22nd, 2009 (Thursday) - 23 articles
- January 21st, 2009 (Wednesday) - 12 articles
- January 20th, 2009 (Tuesday) - 1 articles
- January 15th, 2009 (Thursday) - 20 articles
- January 14th, 2009 (Wednesday) - 6 articles
- January 13th, 2009 (Tuesday) - 1 articles
- January 9th, 2009 (Friday) - 1 articles
- January 8th, 2009 (Thursday) - 16 articles
- January 7th, 2009 (Wednesday) - 10 articles
- January 6th, 2009 (Tuesday) - 4 articles
- January 5th, 2009 (Monday) - 1 articles
- January 2nd, 2009 (Friday) - 1 articles
- January 1st, 2009 (Thursday) - 8 articles
- 2008 - 1757 articles
|Wossman attempts to keep pace in district race|
The Wossman High School Wildcats are in the middle of things as the district championship gets decided over the next few weeks.
On the boys side, Wossman (15-6, 3-2) must defeat Booker T. Washington at the Purple Spectrum Friday night and look for Madison to pick up a victory if they are to get back into the talk of a district championship.
Wossman has relied heavily on the hot hand of Miquel Gibson as of late and the senior has performed well in district play. Jonathan Ross has been a force on the glass for the Wildcats.
"Jonathan (Ross) is controlling the game from down low," Wossman head coach Dale Zimmerman said. "We have gotten some good perimeter play, but we have to learn to finish these games out and keep working hard."
Madison edged the Wildcats Tuesday night by a score of 55-51. It was the second district loss in a row for Wossman who began with high hopes after winning the Class 3A state championship a year ago over rival Richwood.
For the Lady Wildcats, the yound squad has caught fire in district play and stands in second-place after losing to Madison Tuesday night, 64-57, in a battle of district 1-3A powerhouses.
Judy Jones continues to be the big factor for Wossman in her team-high 15 points per game.
Madison clamped down on the Lady Wildcats defensively but they are still able to keep pace if they can grab a district home victory Friday night when they host Booker T. Washington beginning at 6 p.m. The Wildcats will then tip off at about 7:30 p.m.