Should members of the LSU Board of Supervisors disclose who receives their scholarships?|
Story Archives: Monroe Barak Shrine elects officers
- 2013 - 801 articles
- 2012 - 1954 articles
- 2011 - 2029 articles
- 2010 - 2139 articles
- 2009 - 2066 articles
- December 2009 - 163 articles
- November 2009 - 166 articles
- October 2009 - 231 articles
- September 2009 - 161 articles
- August 2009 - 136 articles
- July 2009 - 153 articles
- June 2009 - 126 articles
- May 2009 - 164 articles
- April 2009 - 242 articles
- March 2009 - 204 articles
- February 2009 - 163 articles
- January 2009 - 157 articles
- January 29th, 2009 (Thursday) - 16 articles
- January 28th, 2009 (Wednesday) - 22 articles
- January 27th, 2009 (Tuesday) - 2 articles
- January 26th, 2009 (Monday) - 1 articles
- January 23rd, 2009 (Friday) - 12 articles
- January 22nd, 2009 (Thursday) - 23 articles
- January 21st, 2009 (Wednesday) - 12 articles
- January 20th, 2009 (Tuesday) - 1 articles
- January 15th, 2009 (Thursday) - 20 articles
- January 14th, 2009 (Wednesday) - 6 articles
- January 13th, 2009 (Tuesday) - 1 articles
- January 9th, 2009 (Friday) - 1 articles
- January 8th, 2009 (Thursday) - 16 articles
- January 7th, 2009 (Wednesday) - 10 articles
- January 6th, 2009 (Tuesday) - 4 articles
- January 5th, 2009 (Monday) - 1 articles
- January 2nd, 2009 (Friday) - 1 articles
- January 1st, 2009 (Thursday) - 8 articles
- 2008 - 1757 articles
|Monroe Barak Shrine elects officers|
Jess Smith from Oak Grove was elected Potentate of Barak Shrine located at 6620 Frontage Road, Monroe on Jan. 3.
Other officers elected were Joe Platt from Swartz, Chief Rabban; Felton Vickers from Monroe, Asst. Rabban; Will Gray from Ruston, High Priest & Prophet; Mitch Reynolds from Winnsboro, Oriental Guide; Joe Cabuk from Oak Ridge, Treasurer; and Karl Fulton from West Monroe, recorder.
Barak Shrine consists of more than 625 volunteer Shriners. Since 1981 Barak Shrine has annually raised money to help children with orthopedic conditions, burns, spinal cord injuries and cleft lip and palate. Those eligible for care receive all services at no charge, regardless of financial need.
Barak Shrine is comprised of local Shrine Clubs around Northeast Louisiana including: Lincoln Shrine Club (Ruston), North Central Shrine Club (Jonesboro), Morehouse Shrine Club (Bastrop), Richland Shrine Club (Rayville), Tri-Parish Shrine Club (Gilbert) and Union Shrine Club (Farmerville).
Conditions treated at the 22 national Shriners Hospitals include: orthopedic problems of cerebral palsy, scoliosis (curvature of the spine), spina bifida, ontogenesis imperfect (brittle bone disease), juvenile arthritis, club foot, missing limbs (congenital or acquired), dwarfism, burn injuries of all degrees, spinal cord injury rehabilitation and cleft lip and palate repair.
There are many ways to support Shriners Hospitals for Children.
Please visit www.ShrinersHospitals.org or call 1-800-241-GIFT.
If you know of a child Shriners Hospitals may be able to help, please call the Shrine Center at 343-4771.