Should members of the LSU Board of Supervisors disclose who receives their scholarships?|
Story Archives: Neville, Ouachita renew rivalry
- 2013 - 801 articles
- 2012 - 1954 articles
- 2011 - 2029 articles
- 2010 - 2139 articles
- 2009 - 2066 articles
- December 2009 - 163 articles
- November 2009 - 166 articles
- October 2009 - 231 articles
- September 2009 - 161 articles
- August 2009 - 136 articles
- July 2009 - 153 articles
- June 2009 - 126 articles
- May 2009 - 164 articles
- April 2009 - 242 articles
- March 2009 - 204 articles
- February 2009 - 163 articles
- January 2009 - 157 articles
- January 29th, 2009 (Thursday) - 16 articles
- January 28th, 2009 (Wednesday) - 22 articles
- January 27th, 2009 (Tuesday) - 2 articles
- January 26th, 2009 (Monday) - 1 articles
- January 23rd, 2009 (Friday) - 12 articles
- January 22nd, 2009 (Thursday) - 23 articles
- January 21st, 2009 (Wednesday) - 12 articles
- January 20th, 2009 (Tuesday) - 1 articles
- January 15th, 2009 (Thursday) - 20 articles
- January 14th, 2009 (Wednesday) - 6 articles
- January 13th, 2009 (Tuesday) - 1 articles
- January 9th, 2009 (Friday) - 1 articles
- January 8th, 2009 (Thursday) - 16 articles
- January 7th, 2009 (Wednesday) - 10 articles
- January 6th, 2009 (Tuesday) - 4 articles
- January 5th, 2009 (Monday) - 1 articles
- January 2nd, 2009 (Friday) - 1 articles
- January 1st, 2009 (Thursday) - 8 articles
- 2008 - 1757 articles
|Neville, Ouachita renew rivalry|
The Neville Tigers will host the Ouachita Lions on Friday night in one of several premier area games to be played in Ouachita Parish.
Neville (9-12, 2-0) is coming off a 49-44 win over Bastrop to begin play in district 2-4A. Delarrious Jones scored 16 points while Artez Bynum added 15 points to pace the Tigers.
Neville jumped out to 15-5 lead. Then the Tigers could not find the basket which allowed Bastrop to climb back into the game.
"We hit a lull and they climbed back into the game and they grabbed a five-point advantage" Neville coach Phillip Craig said. "We will be working on our offense and rebounding this week."
Neville has gone up against tough teams will close calls all around. They have been able to pull through and win many of them so far this year.
"Bastrop was an example of how tough this district is," Craig said. "Ouachita has beaten us up the last few times we have played. We will try to do the little things that we need to do get better and hopefully get better each time out and peak at the right times."
Ouachita is no stranger to success. The No.4-ranked team in Class 5A, the Lions are
26-3 coming into the contest with the Tigers.
Ouachita beat Bastrop 71-58 last week as Nick Haywood scored 30 points in his biggest total of the season.
"Bastrop played real well," Ouachita coach Casey Jones said. "It was a tight game in the first half. We know we will get everybody's best game from here on out."
Antonio Landers added 16 points and 11 rebounds in another big performance for the Co-MVP of the Redden tournament along with Haywood.
"We have had some time off this week," Ouachita coach Casey Jones said. "We are working on defense and doing the little things right to get better each game."