Should members of the LSU Board of Supervisors disclose who receives their scholarships?|
Story Archives: West Ouachita falls to Franklin Parish
- 2013 - 802 articles
- 2012 - 1954 articles
- 2011 - 2029 articles
- 2010 - 2139 articles
- 2009 - 2066 articles
- December 2009 - 163 articles
- November 2009 - 166 articles
- October 2009 - 231 articles
- September 2009 - 161 articles
- August 2009 - 136 articles
- July 2009 - 153 articles
- June 2009 - 126 articles
- May 2009 - 164 articles
- April 2009 - 242 articles
- March 2009 - 204 articles
- February 2009 - 163 articles
- January 2009 - 157 articles
- January 29th, 2009 (Thursday) - 16 articles
- January 28th, 2009 (Wednesday) - 22 articles
- January 27th, 2009 (Tuesday) - 2 articles
- January 26th, 2009 (Monday) - 1 articles
- January 23rd, 2009 (Friday) - 12 articles
- January 22nd, 2009 (Thursday) - 23 articles
- January 21st, 2009 (Wednesday) - 12 articles
- January 20th, 2009 (Tuesday) - 1 articles
- January 15th, 2009 (Thursday) - 20 articles
- January 14th, 2009 (Wednesday) - 6 articles
- January 13th, 2009 (Tuesday) - 1 articles
- January 9th, 2009 (Friday) - 1 articles
- January 8th, 2009 (Thursday) - 16 articles
- January 7th, 2009 (Wednesday) - 10 articles
- January 6th, 2009 (Tuesday) - 4 articles
- January 5th, 2009 (Monday) - 1 articles
- January 2nd, 2009 (Friday) - 1 articles
- January 1st, 2009 (Thursday) - 8 articles
- 2008 - 1757 articles
|West Ouachita falls to Franklin Parish|
The West Ouachita Chiefs lost to the Franklin Parish Patriots 101-69 on Tuesday in a game that saw the Chiefs simply run out of gas.
West Ouachita (9-15) jumped out to a 22-21 advantage after the first quarter as they nagged the Patriots in the back court in the first half.
"We played well that first quarter," West Ouachita head coach Josh Brown said. "They shot lights out after that and we did not make stops."
Franklin Parish led 56-36 at halftime as J.C. Winn got heated up and Travis Simms made some big inside shots.
"Once they started up we could not slow them down." Brown said. "You cannot let a team like that get hot in their gym with their fans behind them."
Gary Thomas scored 23 points to lead West Ouachita. Andrew Harris added 11 points for the Chiefs.
West Ouachita will travel to Bastrop this Friday in a game where the Chiefs look to win their first district game in four years against the Rams.
"Bastrop is very athletic," Brown said. "The size factor is always there with us in this district. We have to find ways to get rebounds and box out well."
Bastrop is 1-19 on the year but has played stiff competition and has been in many games near the end.
Neville edged the Rams 49-44 Tuesday in their first district contest. MacArthur Jones leads the Rams in scoring. Jones and Adrian Witherspoon each scored 8 points at Neville in the loss.
Thomas has been red-hot for West Ouachita as of late as he also scored 25 points in a loss at Carroll last weekend.