Should members of the LSU Board of Supervisors disclose who receives their scholarships?|
Story Archives: River Oaks continues district play
- 2013 - 845 articles
- 2012 - 1954 articles
- 2011 - 2029 articles
- 2010 - 2139 articles
- 2009 - 2066 articles
- December 2009 - 163 articles
- November 2009 - 166 articles
- October 2009 - 231 articles
- September 2009 - 161 articles
- August 2009 - 136 articles
- July 2009 - 153 articles
- June 2009 - 126 articles
- May 2009 - 164 articles
- April 2009 - 242 articles
- March 2009 - 204 articles
- February 2009 - 163 articles
- January 2009 - 157 articles
- January 29th, 2009 (Thursday) - 16 articles
- January 28th, 2009 (Wednesday) - 22 articles
- January 27th, 2009 (Tuesday) - 2 articles
- January 26th, 2009 (Monday) - 1 articles
- January 23rd, 2009 (Friday) - 12 articles
- January 22nd, 2009 (Thursday) - 23 articles
- January 21st, 2009 (Wednesday) - 12 articles
- January 20th, 2009 (Tuesday) - 1 articles
- January 15th, 2009 (Thursday) - 20 articles
- January 14th, 2009 (Wednesday) - 6 articles
- January 13th, 2009 (Tuesday) - 1 articles
- January 9th, 2009 (Friday) - 1 articles
- January 8th, 2009 (Thursday) - 16 articles
- January 7th, 2009 (Wednesday) - 10 articles
- January 6th, 2009 (Tuesday) - 4 articles
- January 5th, 2009 (Monday) - 1 articles
- January 2nd, 2009 (Friday) - 1 articles
- January 1st, 2009 (Thursday) - 8 articles
- 2008 - 1757 articles
|River Oaks continues district play|
The River Oaks Mustangs will be a busy squad this weekend as they play back-to-back contests beginning Friday night at Riverfield.
River Oaks (12-3, 1-1) is coming off a 57-50 win over Prairie View of Bastrop on Tuesday. Cody Trichell led the way with 18 points and 11 rebounds for the Mustangs. Vincent Moore chipped in 13 points for the Mustangs.
"We are playing good basketball right now," head coach Roger Stockton said. "We still have to improve in our offensive sets. Our free-throw shooting has not been real good the last week either."
River Oaks lost their first district game at Trinity Episcopal by a score of 59-49 last week. Will White scored 19 points with 12 rebounds while Darrell Barnes added 10 points for the Mustangs.
River Oaks took over the game against Prairie View with defense and pressured the basketball away from the Spartans numerous times.
Trinity never trailed in the game as they built an early advantage in the first quarter while River Oaks was struggling to find the basket offensively.
"Our man-to-man offense needs to improve," Stockton said. "I thought we played a good game but could not pull out what we needed to win the game."
River Oaks will travel to Riverdale in Rayville for another district 3-2A contest on Friday night. The two schools are tied in the district standings at 1-1 each.
"Riverdale is young but scrappy this year," Stockton said. "It is another really important district ballgame that we need to play well in."
Chamberlin-Hunt, an all boys school, will travel from Mississippi to play a pair of games with River Oaks on Saturday evening.
River Oaks looks primed to make a big push in the Mississippi Private School Association this season as the win over Prairie View marked just the second win in three seasons against the Spartans.
A junior varsity contest begins at 5 p.m. while varsity action tips off at 6:30 p.m.