Should members of the LSU Board of Supervisors disclose who receives their scholarships?|
Story Archives: ULM women fall short
- 2013 - 802 articles
- 2012 - 1954 articles
- 2011 - 2029 articles
- 2010 - 2139 articles
- 2009 - 2066 articles
- December 2009 - 163 articles
- November 2009 - 166 articles
- October 2009 - 231 articles
- September 2009 - 161 articles
- August 2009 - 136 articles
- July 2009 - 153 articles
- June 2009 - 126 articles
- May 2009 - 164 articles
- April 2009 - 242 articles
- March 2009 - 204 articles
- February 2009 - 163 articles
- January 2009 - 157 articles
- January 29th, 2009 (Thursday) - 16 articles
- January 28th, 2009 (Wednesday) - 22 articles
- January 27th, 2009 (Tuesday) - 2 articles
- January 26th, 2009 (Monday) - 1 articles
- January 23rd, 2009 (Friday) - 12 articles
- January 22nd, 2009 (Thursday) - 23 articles
- January 21st, 2009 (Wednesday) - 12 articles
- January 20th, 2009 (Tuesday) - 1 articles
- January 15th, 2009 (Thursday) - 20 articles
- January 14th, 2009 (Wednesday) - 6 articles
- January 13th, 2009 (Tuesday) - 1 articles
- January 9th, 2009 (Friday) - 1 articles
- January 8th, 2009 (Thursday) - 16 articles
- January 7th, 2009 (Wednesday) - 10 articles
- January 6th, 2009 (Tuesday) - 4 articles
- January 5th, 2009 (Monday) - 1 articles
- January 2nd, 2009 (Friday) - 1 articles
- January 1st, 2009 (Thursday) - 8 articles
- 2008 - 1757 articles
|ULM women fall short|
The ULM women's basketball team's second-half comeback attempt fell short in a 58-47 loss against Denver inside Magness Arena in Denver, Colo., on Sunday afternoon.
The Warhawks cut the Denver lead to three points twice in the second half, but the Pioneers' 52.3 percent (9-of-17) shooting in the second frame and 50 percent in the game was enough for the victory. ULM forced 29 turnovers, but shot only 31.7 percent (20-of-63) in the game.
Brittnei Rice led Denver (9-6, 4-1 Sun Belt) with 15 points while Kaetlyn Murdoch scored nine points, grabbed four rebounds and blocked five shots.
Lottie Moore and Jesse Carrier scored 13 points apiece for ULM (10-6, 3-2 Sun Belt). Kassie Courtney added five points to go along with five rebounds and three steals off the bench.
ULM broke an early four-all tie in the opening period with an 8-2 run behind five points from Moore to take a 12-6 lead with 13:23 on the clock.
Denver answered with a 13-6 run at the end of the first half to take a 27-20 lead after 20 minutes of action. The Warhawks shot 27.3 percent (9-of-33) from the field in the opening period.
Denver led 35-32 at the 10:30 mark before a quick 8-0 run pushed the Pioneer advantage to 11 points, 43-32, with eight minutes remaining in the game.
ULM fought back behind a Carrier 3-pointer to cut the Pioneer advantage to three with 4:50 remaining. Denver would answer with a run of its own to push their lead to 12 points, 53-41, with 52 seconds remaining.
Denver knocked down 11-of-16 second half free throws to maintain its double-digit advantage down the stretch.
Moore's three steals in the contest places her in a tie for 10th place all-time in ULM history with 146 thefts. Carrier's 3-pointer gives her 94 in her career and places her in a tie for seventh place in 3-point shots made.