Should members of the LSU Board of Supervisors disclose who receives their scholarships?|
Story Archives: Warhawks crush Union College
- 2013 - 845 articles
- 2012 - 1954 articles
- 2011 - 2029 articles
- 2010 - 2139 articles
- 2009 - 2066 articles
- December 2009 - 163 articles
- November 2009 - 166 articles
- October 2009 - 231 articles
- September 2009 - 161 articles
- August 2009 - 136 articles
- July 2009 - 153 articles
- June 2009 - 126 articles
- May 2009 - 164 articles
- April 2009 - 242 articles
- March 2009 - 204 articles
- February 2009 - 163 articles
- January 2009 - 157 articles
- January 29th, 2009 (Thursday) - 16 articles
- January 28th, 2009 (Wednesday) - 22 articles
- January 27th, 2009 (Tuesday) - 2 articles
- January 26th, 2009 (Monday) - 1 articles
- January 23rd, 2009 (Friday) - 12 articles
- January 22nd, 2009 (Thursday) - 23 articles
- January 21st, 2009 (Wednesday) - 12 articles
- January 20th, 2009 (Tuesday) - 1 articles
- January 15th, 2009 (Thursday) - 20 articles
- January 14th, 2009 (Wednesday) - 6 articles
- January 13th, 2009 (Tuesday) - 1 articles
- January 9th, 2009 (Friday) - 1 articles
- January 8th, 2009 (Thursday) - 16 articles
- January 7th, 2009 (Wednesday) - 10 articles
- January 6th, 2009 (Tuesday) - 4 articles
- January 5th, 2009 (Monday) - 1 articles
- January 2nd, 2009 (Friday) - 1 articles
- January 1st, 2009 (Thursday) - 8 articles
- 2008 - 1757 articles
|Warhawks crush Union College|
Five players scored in double figures and two had double-doubles as the ULM men's basketball team defeated Union College, 97-43, Saturday afternoon at Fant-Ewing Coliseum. The win was the third-largest margin of victory in program history.
Sophomore Rudy Turner recorded his second-consecutive double-double and his third of the season with 13 points to accompany 11 boards. Also recording a double-double was sophomore Mitchell Hampton who added 11 points and a career-high 11 boards.
Junior Dynile Forbes scored his career-high and led the five Warhawks in double figures with 27 points. Juniors Malcolm Thomas and Jarvis Hill scored 18 and 13 points, respectively.
ULM (5-9) shot 63.8 percent from the floor in the game including an 11-for-20 effort from 3-point range. Forbes made 4-of-5 attempts from downtown.
The Warhawks also owned a commanding advantage on the boards, out-rebounding the Bulldogs, 43-20, in the game.
ULM shot a red-hot 71 percent from the floor and went 6-for-10 from 3-point range in the first half to take a dominating 53-20 lead into the break. The Warhawks led 8-0 with 17:30 to play in the opening frame before Union went on a 6-2 spurt to get back within four at 10-6.
ULM would quickly open its lead up with a 28-5 run over the next 8:33 to take a commanding 38-11 lead. ULM emptied the bench in the opening period as 10 Warhawks saw action in the first stanza and three scored in double figures. Forbes had 17 of his 27 points before the halftime break.
The Warhawks came out of the locker room to outscore the Bulldogs 12-6 in the first seven minutes of the second half and led 62-26.
ULM cooled off a bit from the floor, but still managed to shoot 55.6 percent in the second half. The Warhawks also connected on 5-of-10 from beyond the arc in the second frame.
Junior Malcolm Thomas hit a trey from the left corner to give ULM a 42-point lead at 72-30 with just under 10 minutes left to play.
The Warhawks put it in cruise control for the 54-point victory.