Should members of the LSU Board of Supervisors disclose who receives their scholarships?|
Story Archives: Warhawks post first Sun Belt win over UNO
- 2013 - 844 articles
- 2012 - 1954 articles
- 2011 - 2029 articles
- 2010 - 2139 articles
- 2009 - 2066 articles
- 2008 - 1757 articles
- December 2008 - 146 articles
- December 31st, 2008 (Wednesday) - 13 articles
- December 30th, 2008 (Tuesday) - 8 articles
- December 25th, 2008 (Thursday) - 8 articles
- December 24th, 2008 (Wednesday) - 13 articles
- December 23rd, 2008 (Tuesday) - 7 articles
- December 22nd, 2008 (Monday) - 1 articles
- December 21st, 2008 (Sunday) - 1 articles
- December 18th, 2008 (Thursday) - 10 articles
- December 17th, 2008 (Wednesday) - 8 articles
- December 16th, 2008 (Tuesday) - 4 articles
- December 13th, 2008 (Saturday) - 1 articles
- December 11th, 2008 (Thursday) - 15 articles
- December 10th, 2008 (Wednesday) - 10 articles
- December 9th, 2008 (Tuesday) - 4 articles
- December 7th, 2008 (Sunday) - 2 articles
- December 6th, 2008 (Saturday) - 2 articles
- December 5th, 2008 (Friday) - 10 articles
- December 4th, 2008 (Thursday) - 15 articles
- December 3rd, 2008 (Wednesday) - 10 articles
- December 2nd, 2008 (Tuesday) - 3 articles
- December 1st, 2008 (Monday) - 1 articles
- November 2008 - 147 articles
- October 2008 - 232 articles
- September 2008 - 189 articles
- August 2008 - 126 articles
- July 2008 - 147 articles
- June 2008 - 111 articles
- May 2008 - 147 articles
- April 2008 - 141 articles
- March 2008 - 125 articles
- February 2008 - 135 articles
- January 2008 - 111 articles
|Warhawks post first Sun Belt win over UNO|
Junior Malcolm Thomas got in the zone early to help the ULM men's basketball team snap a five-game skid with a 72-66 win over New Orleans inside Fant-Ewing Coliseum on Friday night.
Thomas finished with a career-high 25 points off 9-of-16 shooting from the field and finished with a game-high eight rebounds to help ULM (3-7, 1-1 Sun Belt) even its league record. The Karnack, Texas, native also drew primary defensive responsibilities on Privateer leading scorer T.J. Worley and limited him to 4-of-16 shooting.
Sophomore Rudy Turner provided Thomas' offensive running mate, scoring 14 points and adding seven boards.
For New Orleans (4-6, 0-1 Sun Belt) four players finished in double figures, led by 16 points from Darrian McKinstry.
After the Privateers scored the first basket of the game, Turner scored four points and Thomas drilled the first of five made threes on the game to give the Warhawks a lead they would not relinquish.
UNO tied the game at 9-9 with 15:13 remaining in the opening period before sophomore Lawrence Gilbert put the Warhawks up for good with a trey. ULM continued to extend its advantage and entered the intermission up by 11 points at 40-29.
ULM's 56.5 percent shooting clip in the opening period was a season-high for any half. Thomas entered the lockers with 12 points off 5-of-7 shooting and seven rebounds.
The Privateers would make a game of it in the second half, twice pulling the score to within one point, but ULM seemed to always have an answer. After UNO made it a 52-51 game with 10:17 remaining, the Warhawks pushed their advantage back above five and were able to hold on down the stretch.
ULM dominated in the paint, outrebounding UNO 38-22 and limited the Privateers to only three offensive boards. The Warhawks also converted on their free throws, hitting 19-of-22 to seal the contest.