Should members of the LSU Board of Supervisors disclose who receives their scholarships?|
Story Archives: Lady Eagles roll over LaSalle
- 2013 - 961 articles
- 2012 - 1954 articles
- 2011 - 2029 articles
- 2010 - 2139 articles
- 2009 - 2066 articles
- 2008 - 1757 articles
- December 2008 - 146 articles
- December 31st, 2008 (Wednesday) - 13 articles
- December 30th, 2008 (Tuesday) - 8 articles
- December 25th, 2008 (Thursday) - 8 articles
- December 24th, 2008 (Wednesday) - 13 articles
- December 23rd, 2008 (Tuesday) - 7 articles
- December 22nd, 2008 (Monday) - 1 articles
- December 21st, 2008 (Sunday) - 1 articles
- December 18th, 2008 (Thursday) - 10 articles
- December 17th, 2008 (Wednesday) - 8 articles
- December 16th, 2008 (Tuesday) - 4 articles
- December 13th, 2008 (Saturday) - 1 articles
- December 11th, 2008 (Thursday) - 15 articles
- December 10th, 2008 (Wednesday) - 10 articles
- December 9th, 2008 (Tuesday) - 4 articles
- December 7th, 2008 (Sunday) - 2 articles
- December 6th, 2008 (Saturday) - 2 articles
- December 5th, 2008 (Friday) - 10 articles
- December 4th, 2008 (Thursday) - 15 articles
- December 3rd, 2008 (Wednesday) - 10 articles
- December 2nd, 2008 (Tuesday) - 3 articles
- December 1st, 2008 (Monday) - 1 articles
- November 2008 - 147 articles
- October 2008 - 232 articles
- September 2008 - 189 articles
- August 2008 - 126 articles
- July 2008 - 147 articles
- June 2008 - 111 articles
- May 2008 - 147 articles
- April 2008 - 141 articles
- March 2008 - 125 articles
- February 2008 - 135 articles
- January 2008 - 111 articles
|Lady Eagles roll over LaSalle|
The Ouachita Christian School Lady Eagles rolled to a 60-34 victory Monday night at LaSalle in a key non-district victory before taking a break for the holiday season.
Mallory Fields led the way with 37 points and pulled down five boards to pace the Lady Eagles. OCS (5-8) pressured LaSalle all night defensively. OCS forced 30 LaSalle turnovers as a key to their success.
Ouachita Christian built a 16-9 lead after the first quarter of play thanks to the hot shooting of Fields and Abby Kalil who finished with 13 points for OCS.
OCS again smothered LaSalle with defense as the Lady Eagles built a 28-17 lead at halftime. OCS was in a position to build up their lead even more, but struggled to hit anything in the second quarter and finished the first half with by making just 9-of-37 field-goal attempts, or 24.3 percent.
The second half saw OCS improve dramatically on the offensive end and shoot over 40 percent in the final two quarters.
OCS expanded their lead to 35-20 when Kristen Reppond hit a turn-around jumper from the left corner to expand the lead for the Lady Eagles. Reppond finished the game with five points and eight rebounds.
Holly Tyler scored three points and Mallory Hayes finished with two points to round out scoring by the Lady Eagles.
LaSalle was led in scoring by Emily Rankin who scored 10 points and pulled down five rebounds.
No other LaSalle player scored in double figures, but Mallory McCarty came close finishing with nine total points.
LaSalle failed to score in double digits in any one quarter during the game thanks in large part to the fine OCS defense and pressure put on the Lady Tigers.
OCS will participate in the Sterlington tournament beginning Dec. 29 at Panther Gymnasium. Jan. 2 will see OCS play their next home game against Caldwell Parish High School.