Should members of the LSU Board of Supervisors disclose who receives their scholarships?|
Story Archives: West Monroe holiday classic kicks off Saturday
- 2013 - 845 articles
- 2012 - 1954 articles
- 2011 - 2029 articles
- 2010 - 2139 articles
- 2009 - 2066 articles
- 2008 - 1757 articles
- December 2008 - 146 articles
- December 31st, 2008 (Wednesday) - 13 articles
- December 30th, 2008 (Tuesday) - 8 articles
- December 25th, 2008 (Thursday) - 8 articles
- December 24th, 2008 (Wednesday) - 13 articles
- December 23rd, 2008 (Tuesday) - 7 articles
- December 22nd, 2008 (Monday) - 1 articles
- December 21st, 2008 (Sunday) - 1 articles
- December 18th, 2008 (Thursday) - 10 articles
- December 17th, 2008 (Wednesday) - 8 articles
- December 16th, 2008 (Tuesday) - 4 articles
- December 13th, 2008 (Saturday) - 1 articles
- December 11th, 2008 (Thursday) - 15 articles
- December 10th, 2008 (Wednesday) - 10 articles
- December 9th, 2008 (Tuesday) - 4 articles
- December 7th, 2008 (Sunday) - 2 articles
- December 6th, 2008 (Saturday) - 2 articles
- December 5th, 2008 (Friday) - 10 articles
- December 4th, 2008 (Thursday) - 15 articles
- December 3rd, 2008 (Wednesday) - 10 articles
- December 2nd, 2008 (Tuesday) - 3 articles
- December 1st, 2008 (Monday) - 1 articles
- November 2008 - 147 articles
- October 2008 - 232 articles
- September 2008 - 189 articles
- August 2008 - 126 articles
- July 2008 - 147 articles
- June 2008 - 111 articles
- May 2008 - 147 articles
- April 2008 - 141 articles
- March 2008 - 125 articles
- February 2008 - 135 articles
- January 2008 - 111 articles
|West Monroe holiday classic kicks off Saturday|
The West Monroe Rebels are no strangers to successful runs in basketball tournaments this year. Coming off a thrilling victory over Ouachita in the championship game of the I-20 Shootout at Carroll last weekend, the Rebels host 10 teams inside Rebel Gym for their own tournament this weekend.
The West Monroe Rebel Holiday Classic, a holiday season tradition in West Monroe since the early 1990s, begins at 5 p.m. Saturday when Dubach battles Ringgold. The Ringgold Lions are 10-8 on the season coming out of district 1-1A in Shreveport.
Dubach comes down I-20 from the district 1-C that produced top-28 participant Athens a year ago.
At 6:30 p.m. on Saturday, the Wossman Wildcats battle Redemptorist of Baton Rouge.
Redemptorist, of district 8-3A, comes to West Monroe with a record of 9-7, with three wins in a row against Loyola, Live Oak, and East Iberville.
"We are bringing in some local teams as well as great teams from all around," West Monroe head coach Bakari Beckwith said. "We have put together a challenging set of games for our squad as well as entertaining games for the entire parish to come watch."
West Monroe will play the nightcap Saturday against Lawrence County out of Mississippi. Lawrence will be the lone out-of-state team in this year's tournament and the first from Mississippi in three years.
The Rebels have been led this season in scoring by Urald King. King is the younger brother of last season's top scorer Tydrick King who graduated.
The tournament will take Sunday off before beginning early on Monday. Carroll Bulldogs will play Redemptorist Monday at 11:30 a.m.
The Neville Tigers will join the fray at 1 p.m. Monday when they battle DeRidder. Wossman will follow with a game against local Class C standout Dubach.
The Richwood Rams and coach Terry Martin will jump into the tournament after returning after a weekend tournament out of town.
Richwood and Redemptorist will tip off at 7 p.m. Monday night. The Rebels will end the night with an 8:30 p.m. start against DeRidder.
Games will then continue beginning at 11:30 a.m. Tuesday before ending that same night. Tournament brackets and times will be available each day at the gymnasium.