Should members of the LSU Board of Supervisors disclose who receives their scholarships?|
Story Archives: Cultura Book Club meets at Grace Place
- 2013 - 801 articles
- 2012 - 1954 articles
- 2011 - 2029 articles
- 2010 - 2139 articles
- 2009 - 2066 articles
- 2008 - 1757 articles
- December 2008 - 146 articles
- December 31st, 2008 (Wednesday) - 13 articles
- December 30th, 2008 (Tuesday) - 8 articles
- December 25th, 2008 (Thursday) - 8 articles
- December 24th, 2008 (Wednesday) - 13 articles
- December 23rd, 2008 (Tuesday) - 7 articles
- December 22nd, 2008 (Monday) - 1 articles
- December 21st, 2008 (Sunday) - 1 articles
- December 18th, 2008 (Thursday) - 10 articles
- December 17th, 2008 (Wednesday) - 8 articles
- December 16th, 2008 (Tuesday) - 4 articles
- December 13th, 2008 (Saturday) - 1 articles
- December 11th, 2008 (Thursday) - 15 articles
- December 10th, 2008 (Wednesday) - 10 articles
- December 9th, 2008 (Tuesday) - 4 articles
- December 7th, 2008 (Sunday) - 2 articles
- December 6th, 2008 (Saturday) - 2 articles
- December 5th, 2008 (Friday) - 10 articles
- December 4th, 2008 (Thursday) - 15 articles
- December 3rd, 2008 (Wednesday) - 10 articles
- December 2nd, 2008 (Tuesday) - 3 articles
- December 1st, 2008 (Monday) - 1 articles
- November 2008 - 147 articles
- October 2008 - 232 articles
- September 2008 - 189 articles
- August 2008 - 126 articles
- July 2008 - 147 articles
- June 2008 - 111 articles
- May 2008 - 147 articles
- April 2008 - 141 articles
- March 2008 - 125 articles
- February 2008 - 135 articles
- January 2008 - 111 articles
|Cultura Book Club meets at Grace Place|
Cultura Book Club held the November meeting at Grace Place Ministries, Inc., at 1600 Jackson St. in Monroe. Kitty Liner introduced Rhonda Grace, director and founder of Grace Place, who spoke on her goals to help poor and hurting people.
Grace Place Ministries is a faith-based organization which operates through the help of volunteers. The soup kitchen officially opened at the present location on Christmas Day, 2006.
Now the ministry feeds the poor on Mondays and has special meals for them on the day before Thanksgiving and on Christmas Day.
There are also clothes available for those in need. Bible studies and programs for children are an ongoing part of Grace Ministries. Rhonda Grace stressed the need for more volunteers and for donations of food, clothes and household items.
Sue Drewett, Cultura president, opened the business session with the poem of the month, "There Once Was a Puffin," read by Jean Halsell. In response to Grace's inspirational talk and example, Annette Bedgood made the motion and the club voted to adopt a family for Christmas from Grace Place's needy family list.
Reports on club projects were given by Julia Sers and Pat Funderburk. Twenty members were in attendance. Hostesses were Annette Bedgood, Betty Stimac, and Edwina Welch.
Club members brought their Operation Christmas Child shoeboxes filled with gifts. The boxes were taken to Fair Park Baptist Church, West Monroe, the local collection point before they are shipped to children in war-torn and poverty-stricken countries.
The next meeting will be a Christmas luncheon at Squire Creek Country Club.