Should members of the LSU Board of Supervisors disclose who receives their scholarships?|
Story Archives: Kilpatrick completes cemetery acquisition
- 2013 - 961 articles
- 2012 - 1954 articles
- 2011 - 2029 articles
- 2010 - 2139 articles
- 2009 - 2066 articles
- 2008 - 1757 articles
- December 2008 - 146 articles
- December 31st, 2008 (Wednesday) - 13 articles
- December 30th, 2008 (Tuesday) - 8 articles
- December 25th, 2008 (Thursday) - 8 articles
- December 24th, 2008 (Wednesday) - 13 articles
- December 23rd, 2008 (Tuesday) - 7 articles
- December 22nd, 2008 (Monday) - 1 articles
- December 21st, 2008 (Sunday) - 1 articles
- December 18th, 2008 (Thursday) - 10 articles
- December 17th, 2008 (Wednesday) - 8 articles
- December 16th, 2008 (Tuesday) - 4 articles
- December 13th, 2008 (Saturday) - 1 articles
- December 11th, 2008 (Thursday) - 15 articles
- December 10th, 2008 (Wednesday) - 10 articles
- December 9th, 2008 (Tuesday) - 4 articles
- December 7th, 2008 (Sunday) - 2 articles
- December 6th, 2008 (Saturday) - 2 articles
- December 5th, 2008 (Friday) - 10 articles
- December 4th, 2008 (Thursday) - 15 articles
- December 3rd, 2008 (Wednesday) - 10 articles
- December 2nd, 2008 (Tuesday) - 3 articles
- December 1st, 2008 (Monday) - 1 articles
- November 2008 - 147 articles
- October 2008 - 232 articles
- September 2008 - 189 articles
- August 2008 - 126 articles
- July 2008 - 147 articles
- June 2008 - 111 articles
- May 2008 - 147 articles
- April 2008 - 141 articles
- March 2008 - 125 articles
- February 2008 - 135 articles
- January 2008 - 111 articles
|Kilpatrick completes cemetery acquisition|
Kilpatrick Funeral Homes has finalized its purchase of Twin Cities Memorial Gardens, according to an announcement released by the funeral home this week.
In late November, Kilpatrick Funeral Homes reached an agreement to buy Twin Cities Memorial Gardens.
The cemetery was placed in receivership early last year while the state Attorney General's office, which represents the Louisiana Cemetery Board, investigated complaints lodged over the past several years.
Laura Kilpatrick-Marchelos, president of Kilpatrick Funeral Homes, said "This has been a dream of ours to add a cemetery to our existing business and to be able to do it where it will benefit the community of West Monroe and Ouachita Parish. It is a perfect fit. We have already met with architects and contractors to help us bring this half-century- old property a new and exciting face lift which we will be unveiling over the next 60 to 90 days."
Mulhearn Funeral Home took over temporary duties in operating Twin Cities Memorial Gardens following the action by Attorney General Buddy Caldwell.
According to Kilpatrick-Marchelos, the funeral home wants to change the cemetery's name to Kilpatrick's Serenity Gardens.
Tex Kilpatrick, patriarch of the 81-year-old funeral home, said customers who have any questions about their contracts should contact the funeral home over the next several weeks.
"We have also arranged with Dannie Jackson (former owner) to have a consumer's escrow account established," he said. "This escrow account will provide for any contracts that may not have been recorded accurately. This will also give absolute assurance that everything is done properly."
He said people will begin to see immediate changes to the cemetery such as general clean up, a new permanent office, new signage, and updated fencing, lighting, and road improvements.
Additional improvements will be made in the spring.