Should members of the LSU Board of Supervisors disclose who receives their scholarships?|
Story Archives: Tulane slips by ULM women
- 2013 - 962 articles
- 2012 - 1954 articles
- 2011 - 2029 articles
- 2010 - 2139 articles
- 2009 - 2066 articles
- 2008 - 1757 articles
- December 2008 - 146 articles
- December 31st, 2008 (Wednesday) - 13 articles
- December 30th, 2008 (Tuesday) - 8 articles
- December 25th, 2008 (Thursday) - 8 articles
- December 24th, 2008 (Wednesday) - 13 articles
- December 23rd, 2008 (Tuesday) - 7 articles
- December 22nd, 2008 (Monday) - 1 articles
- December 21st, 2008 (Sunday) - 1 articles
- December 18th, 2008 (Thursday) - 10 articles
- December 17th, 2008 (Wednesday) - 8 articles
- December 16th, 2008 (Tuesday) - 4 articles
- December 13th, 2008 (Saturday) - 1 articles
- December 11th, 2008 (Thursday) - 15 articles
- December 10th, 2008 (Wednesday) - 10 articles
- December 9th, 2008 (Tuesday) - 4 articles
- December 7th, 2008 (Sunday) - 2 articles
- December 6th, 2008 (Saturday) - 2 articles
- December 5th, 2008 (Friday) - 10 articles
- December 4th, 2008 (Thursday) - 15 articles
- December 3rd, 2008 (Wednesday) - 10 articles
- December 2nd, 2008 (Tuesday) - 3 articles
- December 1st, 2008 (Monday) - 1 articles
- November 2008 - 147 articles
- October 2008 - 232 articles
- September 2008 - 189 articles
- August 2008 - 126 articles
- July 2008 - 147 articles
- June 2008 - 111 articles
- May 2008 - 147 articles
- April 2008 - 141 articles
- March 2008 - 125 articles
- February 2008 - 135 articles
- January 2008 - 111 articles
|Tulane slips by ULM women|
Tulane outlasted ULM in a four-hour basketball marathon, which included a two-hour power outage, to walk away with a 62-60 victory Saturday afternoon in Fant-Ewing Coliseum.
The Warhawks fought back from an 11-point halftime deficit behind Sumar Leslie's game-high 19 points -- 11 of which came in the second half.
ULM (4-2) also received a double-digit effort from Lottie Moore who scored 12 points and grabbed seven rebounds.
Three Green Wave (3-3) players scored in double-figures led by Chassity Brown's 16 points, three assists and three steals. Brittany Lindsey and Roshaunda Barnes scored 15 and 13 points, respectively.
Trailing 60-59 with just over two minutes left, Tiffany Aidoo converted a pair of free throws to give Tulane a one-point lead.
With 16.5 seconds remaining the Warhawks had one final attempt, but a Moore 3-point shot found the front side of the rim.
The Warhawks had their chances down the stretch, but turned the ball over four times in the game's final two minutes.
Moore came out of the delay on fire scoring eight points in the first two minutes of action pulling the Warhawks within seven, 39-32.
ULM pulled within one several times and tied the game four times before Elizabeth Torres gave the home team a 54-53 lead on a 3-pointer with 5:25 to play in the game. Leslie scored 11 of ULM's 16 points during the run.
Tulane took a 35-22 lead into halftime on 58.3 percent (14-24) shooting from the field, while the Warhawks shot 35.7 percent on 10-of-28 shooting.
Tulane led 37-26 with 19:16 in the second half before the power outage caused a long delay in the action.
The Warhawks will take a week off from competition for final exams. They hit the road immediately following their last final and head west for Beaumont, Texas. ULM will play Lamar in a non-conference game inside the Montagne Center next Saturday at 2 p.m.