Should members of the LSU Board of Supervisors disclose who receives their scholarships?|
Story Archives: KEDM plans Christmas specials
- 2013 - 844 articles
- 2012 - 1954 articles
- 2011 - 2029 articles
- 2010 - 2139 articles
- 2009 - 2066 articles
- 2008 - 1757 articles
- December 2008 - 146 articles
- December 31st, 2008 (Wednesday) - 13 articles
- December 30th, 2008 (Tuesday) - 8 articles
- December 25th, 2008 (Thursday) - 8 articles
- December 24th, 2008 (Wednesday) - 13 articles
- December 23rd, 2008 (Tuesday) - 7 articles
- December 22nd, 2008 (Monday) - 1 articles
- December 21st, 2008 (Sunday) - 1 articles
- December 18th, 2008 (Thursday) - 10 articles
- December 17th, 2008 (Wednesday) - 8 articles
- December 16th, 2008 (Tuesday) - 4 articles
- December 13th, 2008 (Saturday) - 1 articles
- December 11th, 2008 (Thursday) - 15 articles
- December 10th, 2008 (Wednesday) - 10 articles
- December 9th, 2008 (Tuesday) - 4 articles
- December 7th, 2008 (Sunday) - 2 articles
- December 6th, 2008 (Saturday) - 2 articles
- December 5th, 2008 (Friday) - 10 articles
- December 4th, 2008 (Thursday) - 15 articles
- December 3rd, 2008 (Wednesday) - 10 articles
- December 2nd, 2008 (Tuesday) - 3 articles
- December 1st, 2008 (Monday) - 1 articles
- November 2008 - 147 articles
- October 2008 - 232 articles
- September 2008 - 189 articles
- August 2008 - 126 articles
- July 2008 - 147 articles
- June 2008 - 111 articles
- May 2008 - 147 articles
- April 2008 - 141 articles
- March 2008 - 125 articles
- February 2008 - 135 articles
- January 2008 - 111 articles
|KEDM plans Christmas specials|
Northeast Louisiana's public radio station, KEDM, 90.3 FM, launched a special holiday programming blitz this week.
The station, with studios located on the campus of the University of Louisiana-Monroe, will air nearly 30 holiday specials to celebrate Christmas, Hanukkah, Kwanzaa, and the New Year.
ULM Director of University Broadcasting Joel Willer said another 24 holiday programs are scheduled to air over the remainder of December and on New Year's Day.
"The holidays are always a special time of year and these programs are tailored for the diverse communities that KEDM serves," said Willer.
The following is a listing of KEDM's holiday broadcast schedule:
• A Choral Christmas Card - A coast-to-coast sampler of the country's best choirs in carols for the season, presenting songs from hundreds of years past and beautiful selections of our own time. What better way to greet Christmas than with voices raised in song? Christmas Day, Thursday, Dec. 25, 7-8 p.m.
• Tinsel Tales: NPR Christmas Favorites - Features stories from the National Public Radio archives that touch on the meaning of Christmas. David Sedaris, Bailey White, John Henry Faulk and other NPR voices, past and present, tell stories of the season. Thursday, Dec. 4, 2-3 p.m. and rebroadcast on Christmas Day, Thursday, Dec. 25, 11 a.m.-noon.
• Christmas Around the Country - The best of holiday music-making from coast to coast. National Public Radio takes you from churches to concert halls to auditoriums to town halls all across the nation in search of performances that express the best of the holiday season. Thursday, Dec. 4, 7-8 p.m. and rebroadcast on Saturday, Dec. 20, 3-4 p.m.
• Welcome Christmas! - An all-American program spotlighting 20th-century African-American composers Undine Smith Moore and R. Nathaniel Dett, and 21st-century masters Morton Lauridsen and Stephen Paulus, performed by one of America's premier choral arts organizations, Minneapolis-based VocalEssence. Saturday, Dec. 6, 1-2 p.m. (Rebroadcast).
• The Rose Ensemble: An Early American Christmas - Gorgeous Shaker tunes, Kentucky harmonies, and Acadian dances done by one of America's premier early-music ensembles. Since it began in 1996, The Rose Ensemble has surprised and delighted audiences with performances of music from centuries past. Their 2008 Christmas program highlights the treasures of Appalachia. Tuesday, Dec. 9, 2-3 p.m.
• Echoes of Christmas - Over the years, the Dale Warland Singers have provided magical performances for this season to listeners across the country. Drawing upon the archive of those live performances, Dale Warland and host Brian Newhouse bring old and new treasures to listeners looking for Christmas inspiration. Thursday, Dec. 11, 2-3 p.m.
• Jazz Piano Christmas XIX – National Public Radio is onstage again at the John F. Kennedy Center for the Performing Arts for another live incarnation of one of the network's most popular programs, mixing established jazz stars with promising newcomers to offer original and unique jazz interpretations of holiday favorites. Thursday, Dec. 11, 7-8 p.m. and rebroadcast on Christmas Day, Thursday, Dec. 25, 9-10 p.m.
• Peter Ostroushko's Heartland Holiday - Celebrates the spirit of the season from a multi-cultural perspective. Ostroushko is a master fiddler, mandolin, and guitar player, and his musical journey features traditional and ancient carols. Saturday, Dec. 13, 3-4 p.m.
• Christmas with Morehouse and Spelman Glee Clubs - One of the great holiday traditions in America, the choirs of Morehouse and Spelman Colleges — two of the most prestigious historically black institutions in the nation — get together to present a spine-tingling concert program. Saturday, Dec. 13, 8-9 p.m.
The rest of the schedule will appear in a future edition.