Should members of the LSU Board of Supervisors disclose who receives their scholarships?|
Story Archives: Christian Life downs Warriors, 48-29
- 2013 - 801 articles
- 2012 - 1954 articles
- 2011 - 2029 articles
- 2010 - 2139 articles
- 2009 - 2066 articles
- 2008 - 1757 articles
- December 2008 - 146 articles
- November 2008 - 147 articles
- November 29th, 2008 (Saturday) - 1 articles
- November 26th, 2008 (Wednesday) - 23 articles
- November 25th, 2008 (Tuesday) - 5 articles
- November 24th, 2008 (Monday) - 1 articles
- November 20th, 2008 (Thursday) - 23 articles
- November 19th, 2008 (Wednesday) - 5 articles
- November 18th, 2008 (Tuesday) - 2 articles
- November 16th, 2008 (Sunday) - 1 articles
- November 14th, 2008 (Friday) - 3 articles
- November 13th, 2008 (Thursday) - 23 articles
- November 12th, 2008 (Wednesday) - 12 articles
- November 11th, 2008 (Tuesday) - 1 articles
- November 8th, 2008 (Saturday) - 1 articles
- November 7th, 2008 (Friday) - 17 articles
- November 6th, 2008 (Thursday) - 11 articles
- November 5th, 2008 (Wednesday) - 16 articles
- November 4th, 2008 (Tuesday) - 1 articles
- November 2nd, 2008 (Sunday) - 1 articles
- October 2008 - 232 articles
- September 2008 - 189 articles
- August 2008 - 126 articles
- July 2008 - 147 articles
- June 2008 - 111 articles
- May 2008 - 147 articles
- April 2008 - 141 articles
- March 2008 - 125 articles
- February 2008 - 135 articles
- January 2008 - 111 articles
|Christian Life downs Warriors, 48-29|
The Saint Frederick Warriors ran into a Class 1A second-round roadblock they could not maneuver around in a 48-29 loss to Christian Life Friday night at Warrior Stadium.
Christian Life was one dimensional in running over St. Fred (6-6) for their eigth-consecutive victory.
Christian Life running back Shane Andrus ran for 224 yards and four touchdowns on 30 carries to down St. Fred.
"They had a real good gameplan," St. Fred head coach Paul Geuerrieo said. "They were effective running the football and we made too many mistakes in that first quarter."
Christian Life took command of the game from the opening whistle with a 21-point outburst in the opening frame of the playoff tilt. Andrus started the scoring with a five-yard touchdown run on the opening drive and Stephen Whinstant added the PAT kick to giver Christian Life a 7-0 lead.
After the Warriors stalled on the next possession, Andrus took a hand-off up the middle and broke free for a 40-yard jaunt and a 14-0 CLA lead.
Andrus extended the lead to 21-0 after the first quarter when he found daylight on a nine-yard run in the final minute of the quarter.
Andrus began the second-quarter with another touchdown run, this time from 56-yards away, the longest run of the night for the senior. Whinstant missed the PAT kick as Christian Life took a 27-0 into the lockers at intermission.
Fullback Chris Buttitta got the Warriors on the scoreboad to begin the third-quarter with a one-yard touchdown run capping a long scoring drive to cut the CLA lead to 27-7.
Buttitta was again the leader of a Warriors offense that found its way after halftime. Buttitta ran for 63 yards on 13 carries and also caught three passes for 52 yards.
Kevin Wright quickly answered for Christian Life on a 41-yard jaunt to give CLA a 34-7 lead. Wright ran for 89 yards and a touchdown on 10 carries. CLA finished with 376 yards rushing compared to 146 for St. Fred.
The Warriors were able to catch up in the stat book through the air where the St. Fred defense clamped down on Chrisitan Life quarterback Kevin Wright.
Wright was 0-of-4 passing in the game. Saint Frederick quarterback Landon Williams completed 8-of-18 passes for 136 yards.
Williams connected with Buttitta on a third-quarter touchdown strike from 34-yards away to close the third period. The touchdown was the second score of the night for Buttitta.
Running back Jamar Owens scored the final touchdown of the 2008 season for St. Fred on a five-yard jaunt after a Christian Life punt.
Christian Life extended their lead to 48-29 when Jarden Hayes scored from 57-yards away. Hayes ran for 59-yards on three carries in the game Friday night.
While St. Fred ends their season at 6-6, Christian Life will host Ouachita Christian School on Friday night in the Class 1A quarter-final round.