Should members of the LSU Board of Supervisors disclose who receives their scholarships?|
Story Archives: USMC band concert to benefit Toys for Tots
- 2013 - 801 articles
- 2012 - 1954 articles
- 2011 - 2029 articles
- 2010 - 2139 articles
- 2009 - 2066 articles
- 2008 - 1757 articles
- December 2008 - 146 articles
- November 2008 - 147 articles
- November 29th, 2008 (Saturday) - 1 articles
- November 26th, 2008 (Wednesday) - 23 articles
- November 25th, 2008 (Tuesday) - 5 articles
- November 24th, 2008 (Monday) - 1 articles
- November 20th, 2008 (Thursday) - 23 articles
- November 19th, 2008 (Wednesday) - 5 articles
- November 18th, 2008 (Tuesday) - 2 articles
- November 16th, 2008 (Sunday) - 1 articles
- November 14th, 2008 (Friday) - 3 articles
- November 13th, 2008 (Thursday) - 23 articles
- November 12th, 2008 (Wednesday) - 12 articles
- November 11th, 2008 (Tuesday) - 1 articles
- November 8th, 2008 (Saturday) - 1 articles
- November 7th, 2008 (Friday) - 17 articles
- November 6th, 2008 (Thursday) - 11 articles
- November 5th, 2008 (Wednesday) - 16 articles
- November 4th, 2008 (Tuesday) - 1 articles
- November 2nd, 2008 (Sunday) - 1 articles
- October 2008 - 232 articles
- September 2008 - 189 articles
- August 2008 - 126 articles
- July 2008 - 147 articles
- June 2008 - 111 articles
- May 2008 - 147 articles
- April 2008 - 141 articles
- March 2008 - 125 articles
- February 2008 - 135 articles
- January 2008 - 111 articles
|USMC band concert to benefit Toys for Tots|
The United States Marine Corps Forces Reserve Band, stationed in New Orleans, will perform a Holiday Concert to benefit Toys for Tots.
This event will be held at 7:30 p.m. Sunday, Dec. 7, in the Jack Howard Theater at the Monroe Civic Center.
"Our very talented 50-piece band will perform a Christmas Concert like you've never seen before." said Master Gunnery Sgt. Kevin Hunter, band master. "We were well received by the community last year and are pleased to be returning to the area again."
The concert is free and open to the public; however, the donation of a new, unwrapped toy for Toys for Tots would be appreciated.
The concert is being underwritten by American Legion, Veterans of Foreign Wars, Disabled American Veterans, American Veterans Association, Military Order of the Purple Heart, Fleet Reserve Association, Employer Support Guard and Reserve, City of Monroe, Cross Keys Bank, Bennigan's Restaurant and Newcomer, Morris, and Young, Inc.
Each year the band performs at more than 300 concerts, parades and ceremonies. The band's buglers also travel around the country to pay tribute to veterans and fallen comrades from conflicts as far back as World War II and as recent as Operation Iraqi Freedom.