Should members of the LSU Board of Supervisors disclose who receives their scholarships?|
Story Archives: Company kicks off annual food drive
- 2013 - 844 articles
- 2012 - 1954 articles
- 2011 - 2029 articles
- 2010 - 2139 articles
- 2009 - 2066 articles
- 2008 - 1757 articles
- December 2008 - 146 articles
- November 2008 - 147 articles
- November 29th, 2008 (Saturday) - 1 articles
- November 26th, 2008 (Wednesday) - 23 articles
- November 25th, 2008 (Tuesday) - 5 articles
- November 24th, 2008 (Monday) - 1 articles
- November 20th, 2008 (Thursday) - 23 articles
- November 19th, 2008 (Wednesday) - 5 articles
- November 18th, 2008 (Tuesday) - 2 articles
- November 16th, 2008 (Sunday) - 1 articles
- November 14th, 2008 (Friday) - 3 articles
- November 13th, 2008 (Thursday) - 23 articles
- November 12th, 2008 (Wednesday) - 12 articles
- November 11th, 2008 (Tuesday) - 1 articles
- November 8th, 2008 (Saturday) - 1 articles
- November 7th, 2008 (Friday) - 17 articles
- November 6th, 2008 (Thursday) - 11 articles
- November 5th, 2008 (Wednesday) - 16 articles
- November 4th, 2008 (Tuesday) - 1 articles
- November 2nd, 2008 (Sunday) - 1 articles
- October 2008 - 232 articles
- September 2008 - 189 articles
- August 2008 - 126 articles
- July 2008 - 147 articles
- June 2008 - 111 articles
- May 2008 - 147 articles
- April 2008 - 141 articles
- March 2008 - 125 articles
- February 2008 - 135 articles
- January 2008 - 111 articles
|Company kicks off annual food drive|
The 27th annual Spirit of Christmas Food Drive is now under way.
Sponsored by Brookshire Grocery Co. and the West Monroe Kiwanis Club, the food drive provides food for needy families in the West Monroe area at Christmas.
Area residents may make donations by placing non-perishable food items in designated bins located in participating Brookshire's or Super 1 Foods stores.
People are asked not to donate homemade goods or items in glass jars. Bulk items, such as flour, sugar and corn meal, should be donated in smaller sizes to allow for more variety in the boxes given to the recipients.
In addition to the public food donations, each family will receive at least one roasting hen from Brookshire Grocery Co. Members of West Monroe Kiwanis Club will sort, package and distribute the food to the families before Christmas.
All food collected in the area will be distributed in the West Monroe area, to families chosen by local relief organizations or government agencies according to need.