Should members of the LSU Board of Supervisors disclose who receives their scholarships?|
Story Archives: ULM touts accomplishments at Envision ULM
- 2013 - 800 articles
- 2012 - 1954 articles
- 2011 - 2029 articles
- 2010 - 2139 articles
- 2009 - 2066 articles
- 2008 - 1757 articles
- December 2008 - 146 articles
- November 2008 - 147 articles
- November 29th, 2008 (Saturday) - 1 articles
- November 26th, 2008 (Wednesday) - 23 articles
- November 25th, 2008 (Tuesday) - 5 articles
- November 24th, 2008 (Monday) - 1 articles
- November 20th, 2008 (Thursday) - 23 articles
- November 19th, 2008 (Wednesday) - 5 articles
- November 18th, 2008 (Tuesday) - 2 articles
- November 16th, 2008 (Sunday) - 1 articles
- November 14th, 2008 (Friday) - 3 articles
- November 13th, 2008 (Thursday) - 23 articles
- November 12th, 2008 (Wednesday) - 12 articles
- November 11th, 2008 (Tuesday) - 1 articles
- November 8th, 2008 (Saturday) - 1 articles
- November 7th, 2008 (Friday) - 17 articles
- November 6th, 2008 (Thursday) - 11 articles
- November 5th, 2008 (Wednesday) - 16 articles
- November 4th, 2008 (Tuesday) - 1 articles
- November 2nd, 2008 (Sunday) - 1 articles
- October 2008 - 232 articles
- September 2008 - 189 articles
- August 2008 - 126 articles
- July 2008 - 147 articles
- June 2008 - 111 articles
- May 2008 - 147 articles
- April 2008 - 141 articles
- March 2008 - 125 articles
- February 2008 - 135 articles
- January 2008 - 111 articles
|ULM touts accomplishments at Envision ULM|
University of Louisiana at Monroe faculty, staff, alumni, and an array of notable supporters lauded ULM's achievements Thursday night during the annual Envision ULM event.
Though the event was a celebration of all things ULM, it was also a peek into the university's future, as ULM President James Cofer urged patrons to continue their support of the university and help build on its past success.
"We need your help to sustain our culture of excellence, to differentiate ULM among its peers and to shine our 'Jewel on the Bayou'," he said.
"This much I do know," Cofer told the crowd of more than 600 assembled at the Monroe Civic Center. "Because of your leadership and loyalty, ULM isn't just a good university — it's a great one."
CenturyTel was named the 2008 recipient of the University's Hall of Distinction Award, which recognizes individuals, companies or foundations that have given to ULM.
In earning the designation, CenturyTel joined four prior recipients: Kitty DeGree, the families and foundations of Emy-Lou Biedenharn, Tom and Mayme Scott, and Nelson and Bennie Abell.
Third District Judge Jay McCallum, a 1982 ULM graduate, got laughs again as this year's emcee.
"I haven't accomplished much in my life," McCallum joked. "But imagine where I'd be if I didn't go to ULM."
When McCallum asked the crowd to cheer loudly for the legislators in attendance at Envision ULM, he jokingly told them, "Ahh, I can feel the purse strings open now."
Following a cocktail reception, the ULM Choral Singers' offered a stirring rendition of the alma mater and "Battle Hymn of the Republic." The sounds of ULM's Jazz Ensemble filled the packed room as attendees enjoyed a full dinner surrounded by ULM memorabilia and collectibles.
"I want to thank you for joining me tonight to celebrate all that is happening and to applaud all that has already happened at the ULM," said Cofer, in his closing remarks.
"But more than anything, thank you for all that can happen as we put excellence into action with your continued support."