Should members of the LSU Board of Supervisors disclose who receives their scholarships?|
Story Archives: ULM women wallop Louisiana College
- 2013 - 801 articles
- 2012 - 1954 articles
- 2011 - 2029 articles
- 2010 - 2139 articles
- 2009 - 2066 articles
- 2008 - 1757 articles
- December 2008 - 146 articles
- November 2008 - 147 articles
- November 29th, 2008 (Saturday) - 1 articles
- November 26th, 2008 (Wednesday) - 23 articles
- November 25th, 2008 (Tuesday) - 5 articles
- November 24th, 2008 (Monday) - 1 articles
- November 20th, 2008 (Thursday) - 23 articles
- November 19th, 2008 (Wednesday) - 5 articles
- November 18th, 2008 (Tuesday) - 2 articles
- November 16th, 2008 (Sunday) - 1 articles
- November 14th, 2008 (Friday) - 3 articles
- November 13th, 2008 (Thursday) - 23 articles
- November 12th, 2008 (Wednesday) - 12 articles
- November 11th, 2008 (Tuesday) - 1 articles
- November 8th, 2008 (Saturday) - 1 articles
- November 7th, 2008 (Friday) - 17 articles
- November 6th, 2008 (Thursday) - 11 articles
- November 5th, 2008 (Wednesday) - 16 articles
- November 4th, 2008 (Tuesday) - 1 articles
- November 2nd, 2008 (Sunday) - 1 articles
- October 2008 - 232 articles
- September 2008 - 189 articles
- August 2008 - 126 articles
- July 2008 - 147 articles
- June 2008 - 111 articles
- May 2008 - 147 articles
- April 2008 - 141 articles
- March 2008 - 125 articles
- February 2008 - 135 articles
- January 2008 - 111 articles
|ULM women wallop Louisiana College|
The University of Louisiana-Monroe women's basketball team throttled visiting Louisiana College in an exhibition game inside Fant-Ewing Coliseum Monday night with an 83-50 victory.
Former West Monroe High School star Lottie Moore, now a senior at ULM, led the Warhawks with 14 points and 13 rebounds.
In a surprise for ULM, true freshman Larrie Williams led all scorers in the game with 15 points in her first-ever college basketball action. She made 6-of-7 shots in just 15 minutes of play.
Louisiana College was led in scoring by a Tillisha Givens, a product of Ouachita Parish High School.
Givens recorded her own double-double with 10 points and 10 rebounds for the Lady Wildcats.
Another Warhawk, freshman Jordan Rawson, matched Morre with 15 points in the game. Each freshman played over 10 minutes in the exhibition.
ULM had a clear size advantage over the Louisiana College squad and they scored plenty of points off of offensive rebounds. ULM had 15 offensive rebounds in the first half alone.
The Warhawks finished with a wide margin in rebounds: They out-rebounded LC 53-26.
"Overall I was pleased with our effort," head coach Mona Martin said. "I liked our intensity, but we didn't shoot the ball well. We also need to apply more ball pressure, which is something we can work on."
ULM used a variety of different defenses, including full-court pressure to push out to an early 10-2 advantage. The ULM defensive effort forced 11 LC turnovers in the first half.
At the 13-minute mark of the second half, ULM had used little time in extending an 11-point advantage to a 24-point lead.
ULM was also continuing to shoot the ball well after halftime. The Warhawks hit 65 percent of their shots in the second half.
ULM shot 49 percent for the game as a team and forced 20 turnovers. ULM also played the entire freshman class, which coaches believe is a boost for experience and confidence.
"I thought it was interesting," Martin said of playing her freshmen. "I like the way they stepped up in their first game of college basketball. We had seven of them in there and I think four of them in the last few minutes. We are looking bright for the future."
ULM will begin the regular season Saturday, Nov. 15, with a 1 p.m. tip-off at Arkansas. The two schools last met on Nov. 13, 2006 with Arkansas pulling out a competitive contest, 62-54.