Should members of the LSU Board of Supervisors disclose who receives their scholarships?|
Story Archives: Mustangs advance in playoffs
- 2013 - 802 articles
- 2012 - 1954 articles
- 2011 - 2029 articles
- 2010 - 2139 articles
- 2009 - 2066 articles
- 2008 - 1757 articles
- December 2008 - 146 articles
- November 2008 - 147 articles
- November 29th, 2008 (Saturday) - 1 articles
- November 26th, 2008 (Wednesday) - 23 articles
- November 25th, 2008 (Tuesday) - 5 articles
- November 24th, 2008 (Monday) - 1 articles
- November 20th, 2008 (Thursday) - 23 articles
- November 19th, 2008 (Wednesday) - 5 articles
- November 18th, 2008 (Tuesday) - 2 articles
- November 16th, 2008 (Sunday) - 1 articles
- November 14th, 2008 (Friday) - 3 articles
- November 13th, 2008 (Thursday) - 23 articles
- November 12th, 2008 (Wednesday) - 12 articles
- November 11th, 2008 (Tuesday) - 1 articles
- November 8th, 2008 (Saturday) - 1 articles
- November 7th, 2008 (Friday) - 17 articles
- November 6th, 2008 (Thursday) - 11 articles
- November 5th, 2008 (Wednesday) - 16 articles
- November 4th, 2008 (Tuesday) - 1 articles
- November 2nd, 2008 (Sunday) - 1 articles
- October 2008 - 232 articles
- September 2008 - 189 articles
- August 2008 - 126 articles
- July 2008 - 147 articles
- June 2008 - 111 articles
- May 2008 - 147 articles
- April 2008 - 141 articles
- March 2008 - 125 articles
- February 2008 - 135 articles
- January 2008 - 111 articles
|Mustangs advance in playoffs|
The River Oaks Mustangs (7-3) are on a quest for another MPSA championship this season as they travel to Centreville Academy on Friday night.
River Oaks was too much for CENLA Christian last week in a 39-12 victory for the Mustangs.
John Rockett and Will White each scored twice for the Mustangs as they took a 26-6 lead into halftime. Rockett had been absent from the box score the past few weeks, but found his time to shine against CENLA.
"Our offense keeps on producing for us," River Oaks head coach Robert Hannah said. "We want to get better each week and I have seen our kids working hard."
Ron MacGreggor scored his first varsity touchdown of the season with a nine-yard jaunt in the fourth quarter to propel River Oaks to the win over CENLA.
River Oaks has been able to overcome some early season woes to make the playoffs for the first time since 2006. River Oaks played a tough schedule and came out of district play with a second-place finish in district 3-2A.
The district 5-2A runner-up, Centreville Academy, is meeting River Oaks for the first time in football.
Centreville won the 2A state championship by defeating Marshall Academy last season. The 9-2 Centreville squad is riding a seven-game winning streak as they face the Mustangs this week.
Centreville lost in the first week of December to Central Private, who went on to take the district championship this season.
Quarterback play is key and these two teams have all-star talent under center. River Oaks is led by Cody Trichell, who can score on the ground and through the air.
Centreville quarterback Hunter Brabham scored on a 16-yard run last week and will be the player to make or break production for Centreville again this week.
As River Oaks did after halftime, many of the Centreville starters saw a small amount of action last week to get healthy for the playoffs.
Centreville emptied the bench after scoring on their first four possessions of offense Friday night against district champion Trinity Episcopal, who beat River Oaks by a hair earlier this season.