Should members of the LSU Board of Supervisors disclose who receives their scholarships?|
Story Archives: Ouachita hosts Byrd
- 2013 - 845 articles
- 2012 - 1954 articles
- 2011 - 2029 articles
- 2010 - 2139 articles
- 2009 - 2066 articles
- 2008 - 1757 articles
- December 2008 - 146 articles
- November 2008 - 147 articles
- November 29th, 2008 (Saturday) - 1 articles
- November 26th, 2008 (Wednesday) - 23 articles
- November 25th, 2008 (Tuesday) - 5 articles
- November 24th, 2008 (Monday) - 1 articles
- November 20th, 2008 (Thursday) - 23 articles
- November 19th, 2008 (Wednesday) - 5 articles
- November 18th, 2008 (Tuesday) - 2 articles
- November 16th, 2008 (Sunday) - 1 articles
- November 14th, 2008 (Friday) - 3 articles
- November 13th, 2008 (Thursday) - 23 articles
- November 12th, 2008 (Wednesday) - 12 articles
- November 11th, 2008 (Tuesday) - 1 articles
- November 8th, 2008 (Saturday) - 1 articles
- November 7th, 2008 (Friday) - 17 articles
- November 6th, 2008 (Thursday) - 11 articles
- November 5th, 2008 (Wednesday) - 16 articles
- November 4th, 2008 (Tuesday) - 1 articles
- November 2nd, 2008 (Sunday) - 1 articles
- October 2008 - 232 articles
- September 2008 - 189 articles
- August 2008 - 126 articles
- July 2008 - 147 articles
- June 2008 - 111 articles
- May 2008 - 147 articles
- April 2008 - 141 articles
- March 2008 - 125 articles
- February 2008 - 135 articles
- January 2008 - 111 articles
|Ouachita hosts Byrd|
The Ouachita Lions (7-2, 6-1 district 1-5A) will get on the field for a rare Thursday game when they host the Byrd Yellow Jackets at Lions Stadium.
Ouachita roughed up Huntington last week for a 51-0 victory while Byrd manhandled Neville, 26-7.
Against Huntington, Ouachita quarterback Corey Treadway led the Lions with 155 yards of offense (117 passing, 38 rushing) in the victory.
Backup running back Timothy Richardson was the scoring machine for Ouachita with 149 yards and three touchdown runs. Montrell Conner added 180 yards to the total to give Ouachita its best statistical rushing attack of the season. It was the seventh time this season he ran for over 100 yards in a game.
Ouachita limited Huntington to 49 yards and three turnovers. Andy Roberts returned a first-quarter fumble for a touchdown to give the Lions a spark.
"I thought defensively we played real well," Ouachita head coach John Carr said. "We created turnovers and shut them down to give our offense some big momentum."
The short week certainly gives Ouachita a busy practice schedule. Besides figuring out how to stop the veer-option attack of Byrd, Ouachita has to figure out some of their own issues.
"We had too many dropped passes last week," Carr said. "On defense, we must play very disciplined. They had a lot of success against real good teams."
Byrd controlled most of the first half against West Monroe before falling 17-7 in the second district game of the season. Last week, Byrd rolled-up 230 yards rushing on Neville.
Ouachita will have to learn quickly how to control the run game and create havoc in the Byrd backfield to get a victory against the Yellow Jackets. They may see success with that as they have forced seven turnovers in the last two district games.