Should members of the LSU Board of Supervisors disclose who receives their scholarships?|
Story Archives: Warhawks soccer falls to Ragin' Cajuns
- 2013 - 845 articles
- 2012 - 1954 articles
- 2011 - 2029 articles
- 2010 - 2139 articles
- 2009 - 2066 articles
- 2008 - 1757 articles
- December 2008 - 146 articles
- November 2008 - 147 articles
- November 29th, 2008 (Saturday) - 1 articles
- November 26th, 2008 (Wednesday) - 23 articles
- November 25th, 2008 (Tuesday) - 5 articles
- November 24th, 2008 (Monday) - 1 articles
- November 20th, 2008 (Thursday) - 23 articles
- November 19th, 2008 (Wednesday) - 5 articles
- November 18th, 2008 (Tuesday) - 2 articles
- November 16th, 2008 (Sunday) - 1 articles
- November 14th, 2008 (Friday) - 3 articles
- November 13th, 2008 (Thursday) - 23 articles
- November 12th, 2008 (Wednesday) - 12 articles
- November 11th, 2008 (Tuesday) - 1 articles
- November 8th, 2008 (Saturday) - 1 articles
- November 7th, 2008 (Friday) - 17 articles
- November 6th, 2008 (Thursday) - 11 articles
- November 5th, 2008 (Wednesday) - 16 articles
- November 4th, 2008 (Tuesday) - 1 articles
- November 2nd, 2008 (Sunday) - 1 articles
- October 2008 - 232 articles
- September 2008 - 189 articles
- August 2008 - 126 articles
- July 2008 - 147 articles
- June 2008 - 111 articles
- May 2008 - 147 articles
- April 2008 - 141 articles
- March 2008 - 125 articles
- February 2008 - 135 articles
- January 2008 - 111 articles
|Warhawks soccer falls to Ragin' Cajuns|
The ULM women's soccer team closed out the 2008 season with a 5-2 loss to Louisiana-Lafayette Friday night.
ULL's Calli Oliver poured in three goals to record the hat trick in leading the Ragin Cajuns to victory over their in-state Sun Belt Conference rivals. Courtney Hofland scored twice for ULL to push them past the Warhawks.
Warhawks freshman Kelly Browne put ULM in the lead early in the contest with her fourth goal of the season when she sent a shot soaring over the arms of ULL goalkeeper Amanda Moorefield.
Louisiana-Lafayette (5-12-2, 3-7-1 Sun Belt) took control of the game moments later after Oliver scored a pair of goals to make it a 2-1 game. ULM (4-13-1, 1-9-1 Sun Belt)
Six minutes into the second period, Hofland netted the game-winner for the Ragin' Cajuns.
The two squads went into a defensive struggle in the final minutes of the first half. While ULM got some good looks, the offense did not click and ULL took a 2-1 advantage into the lockers at intermission.
ULL wasted little time in taking a 5-1 lead of the Warhawks in the opening minutes of the first half.
Hofland scored both of her goals after halftime and just six minutes apart. Erica Saffer assited her with a pass down the left side of the field for her first tally.'
Hofland added another goal moments later after stealing a ULM pass and beating the Warhawk defense to the back of the goal with the score.
Ashley Fitterer then scored the first goal of her college career for ULM and finished with a career-high five shots for the Warhawks.
ULM hustled to the goal and out-shot Louisiana-Lafayette, 18-6.frame. The Ragin' Cajuns found the net with much more success and built a lead that ULM could not recover from.
ULM will hit the recruiting trail to replace a group of seniors with great Sun Belt wins under their belts for the program. A core nucleus of talent will return in 2009 for head coach Staci Lamb.