Should members of the LSU Board of Supervisors disclose who receives their scholarships?|
Story Archives: Rams travel to Madison
- 2013 - 961 articles
- 2012 - 1954 articles
- 2011 - 2029 articles
- 2010 - 2139 articles
- 2009 - 2066 articles
- 2008 - 1757 articles
- December 2008 - 146 articles
- November 2008 - 147 articles
- November 29th, 2008 (Saturday) - 1 articles
- November 26th, 2008 (Wednesday) - 23 articles
- November 25th, 2008 (Tuesday) - 5 articles
- November 24th, 2008 (Monday) - 1 articles
- November 20th, 2008 (Thursday) - 23 articles
- November 19th, 2008 (Wednesday) - 5 articles
- November 18th, 2008 (Tuesday) - 2 articles
- November 16th, 2008 (Sunday) - 1 articles
- November 14th, 2008 (Friday) - 3 articles
- November 13th, 2008 (Thursday) - 23 articles
- November 12th, 2008 (Wednesday) - 12 articles
- November 11th, 2008 (Tuesday) - 1 articles
- November 8th, 2008 (Saturday) - 1 articles
- November 7th, 2008 (Friday) - 17 articles
- November 6th, 2008 (Thursday) - 11 articles
- November 5th, 2008 (Wednesday) - 16 articles
- November 4th, 2008 (Tuesday) - 1 articles
- November 2nd, 2008 (Sunday) - 1 articles
- October 2008 - 232 articles
- September 2008 - 189 articles
- August 2008 - 126 articles
- July 2008 - 147 articles
- June 2008 - 111 articles
- May 2008 - 147 articles
- April 2008 - 141 articles
- March 2008 - 125 articles
- February 2008 - 135 articles
- January 2008 - 111 articles
|Rams travel to Madison|
The Richwood Rams (6-3, 4-0 district 1-3A) are tuning up for the playoffs when they visit Madison Parish (1-7, 0-4) on Friday night.
Richwood wrapped up the district championship with a 55-20 win over Green Oaks last week.
Quarterback Greg Johnson had four touchdown runs and a touchdown pass to lead Richwood to victory.
"We continue to execute well on offense," Richwood head coach Warren Trimble said. "We have to continue to improve as the playoffs get here and eliminate penalties and keep hold of the football."
The Richwood defense helped their own cause when Lemarktuis Alexander returned a fumble back for a touchdown. It was the third defensive touchdown of the season scored by Richwood.
Madison has struggled to keep pace on the scoreboard, but the most worrisome part for Richwood this week will be to improve their pass defense.
The Richwood defense surrendered 144 yards through the air. This statistical category has been a bother to the Rams all season, causing Richwood to lose some games early in the season.
The other problem in the Richwood camp has been costly turnovers. The Rams have worked that point and have blasted the turnover battle during the current six-game win streak.
Richwood's Cederic Goins recorded a touchdown reception from Johnson last week. Goins continues to be a go-to-target for the Richwood quarterbacks system of Johnson and Anthony Abraham. Abraham scored on a second-quarter run of seven yards as well against Green Oaks.
A young Madison Parish offense has been shut out four times this season, a good sign for a Richwood defense putting up solid numbers during their recent streak.
Madison scored 14 points on Sept.14 against Delhi Charter to record their best offensive game of the season. The Jaguars average just four points per game in district play.