Should members of the LSU Board of Supervisors disclose who receives their scholarships?|
Story Archives: AT&T claims golf tournament crown in WM
- 2013 - 802 articles
- 2012 - 1954 articles
- 2011 - 2029 articles
- 2010 - 2139 articles
- 2009 - 2066 articles
- 2008 - 1757 articles
- December 2008 - 146 articles
- November 2008 - 147 articles
- November 29th, 2008 (Saturday) - 1 articles
- November 26th, 2008 (Wednesday) - 23 articles
- November 25th, 2008 (Tuesday) - 5 articles
- November 24th, 2008 (Monday) - 1 articles
- November 20th, 2008 (Thursday) - 23 articles
- November 19th, 2008 (Wednesday) - 5 articles
- November 18th, 2008 (Tuesday) - 2 articles
- November 16th, 2008 (Sunday) - 1 articles
- November 14th, 2008 (Friday) - 3 articles
- November 13th, 2008 (Thursday) - 23 articles
- November 12th, 2008 (Wednesday) - 12 articles
- November 11th, 2008 (Tuesday) - 1 articles
- November 8th, 2008 (Saturday) - 1 articles
- November 7th, 2008 (Friday) - 17 articles
- November 6th, 2008 (Thursday) - 11 articles
- November 5th, 2008 (Wednesday) - 16 articles
- November 4th, 2008 (Tuesday) - 1 articles
- November 2nd, 2008 (Sunday) - 1 articles
- October 2008 - 232 articles
- September 2008 - 189 articles
- August 2008 - 126 articles
- July 2008 - 147 articles
- June 2008 - 111 articles
- May 2008 - 147 articles
- April 2008 - 141 articles
- March 2008 - 125 articles
- February 2008 - 135 articles
- January 2008 - 111 articles
|AT&T claims golf tournament crown in WM|
The West Monroe/West Ouachita Chamber of Commerce hosted the AT&T golf tournament recently in West Monroe.
Team AT&T took first-place honors in the Championship round. Universial Ensco and The Newton Boys followed behind. A team score of 53 won the event for AT&T. Ensco scored 54, while The Newton Boys had a combined score of 55.
"We want to thank all who participated," Chamber program director Brandy Leggett said. "We thought Mother Nature was going to ruin it for us, but she only gave us a little trouble."
Things were tight all the way to the last hole during the championship round. AT&T pulled out the victory even though Universal Ensco made a strong push on the back nine. AT&T did not secure their team championship until the final hole was played.
In the first flight of the day, the Mulhearn Team tied with Capitol One and CommuniGroup with a score of 64.
The team from Glenwood finished last with a combined score of 66.
The award for the longest drive was given to Melvin Ward on the first day of the event.
The chamber hopes to expand the number of participating teams and awards next year if the community support continues to be strong. Plans for next year are ongoing and chamber staff feels the success of the tournament and support of the community will be key in building bigger and better projects throughout the area.