Should members of the LSU Board of Supervisors disclose who receives their scholarships?|
Story Archives: Proposed project could ease flooding near Downing Pines
- 2013 - 961 articles
- 2012 - 1954 articles
- 2011 - 2029 articles
- 2010 - 2139 articles
- 2009 - 2066 articles
- 2008 - 1757 articles
- December 2008 - 146 articles
- November 2008 - 147 articles
- November 29th, 2008 (Saturday) - 1 articles
- November 26th, 2008 (Wednesday) - 23 articles
- November 25th, 2008 (Tuesday) - 5 articles
- November 24th, 2008 (Monday) - 1 articles
- November 20th, 2008 (Thursday) - 23 articles
- November 19th, 2008 (Wednesday) - 5 articles
- November 18th, 2008 (Tuesday) - 2 articles
- November 16th, 2008 (Sunday) - 1 articles
- November 14th, 2008 (Friday) - 3 articles
- November 13th, 2008 (Thursday) - 23 articles
- November 12th, 2008 (Wednesday) - 12 articles
- November 11th, 2008 (Tuesday) - 1 articles
- November 8th, 2008 (Saturday) - 1 articles
- November 7th, 2008 (Friday) - 17 articles
- November 6th, 2008 (Thursday) - 11 articles
- November 5th, 2008 (Wednesday) - 16 articles
- November 4th, 2008 (Tuesday) - 1 articles
- November 2nd, 2008 (Sunday) - 1 articles
- October 2008 - 232 articles
- September 2008 - 189 articles
- August 2008 - 126 articles
- July 2008 - 147 articles
- June 2008 - 111 articles
- May 2008 - 147 articles
- April 2008 - 141 articles
- March 2008 - 125 articles
- February 2008 - 135 articles
- January 2008 - 111 articles
|Proposed project could ease flooding near Downing Pines|
Ouachita Parish Police Jury officials are in discussion with the city of West Monroe about a proposed drainage project near the Downing Pines Road area.
Parish engineer Don Harrison briefly discussed the project during the police jury's regular meeting Monday.
"Basically it's a project that would relieve some existing flooding problems the city has around the Downing Pines Road area," Harrison said. "There's actually two branches of a natural drainage system there. One extends north toward the Ike (Hamilton Expo Center) and another extends southwesterly toward their industrial park complex."
He said the city is planning on making drainage improvements along both of those legs of the drainage system.
"They converge just as they're leaving the city of West Monroe and entering a section of parish property just west of Thomas Road," Harrison said.
He said the project would improve drainage all the way to Thomas Road.
"It would entail some improvement of the open channel portion of the system that runs through the parish. At this point, I've asked for them to identify what they need the jury to consider," Harrison said.
"They've talked about widening and deepening that channel. Once the city of West Monroe identifies the volume and scope of what they're proposing to bring to Thomas Road, then we'll need to look at the impact that would have down stream."
He said city of West Monroe officials will continue with additional surveys and work regarding the project. Once this is completed, Harrison will report back to the police jury.