Should members of the LSU Board of Supervisors disclose who receives their scholarships?|
Story Archives: Scouting for Food Drive ends Saturday
- 2013 - 801 articles
- 2012 - 1954 articles
- 2011 - 2029 articles
- 2010 - 2139 articles
- 2009 - 2066 articles
- 2008 - 1757 articles
- December 2008 - 146 articles
- November 2008 - 147 articles
- November 29th, 2008 (Saturday) - 1 articles
- November 26th, 2008 (Wednesday) - 23 articles
- November 25th, 2008 (Tuesday) - 5 articles
- November 24th, 2008 (Monday) - 1 articles
- November 20th, 2008 (Thursday) - 23 articles
- November 19th, 2008 (Wednesday) - 5 articles
- November 18th, 2008 (Tuesday) - 2 articles
- November 16th, 2008 (Sunday) - 1 articles
- November 14th, 2008 (Friday) - 3 articles
- November 13th, 2008 (Thursday) - 23 articles
- November 12th, 2008 (Wednesday) - 12 articles
- November 11th, 2008 (Tuesday) - 1 articles
- November 8th, 2008 (Saturday) - 1 articles
- November 7th, 2008 (Friday) - 17 articles
- November 6th, 2008 (Thursday) - 11 articles
- November 5th, 2008 (Wednesday) - 16 articles
- November 4th, 2008 (Tuesday) - 1 articles
- November 2nd, 2008 (Sunday) - 1 articles
- October 2008 - 232 articles
- September 2008 - 189 articles
- August 2008 - 126 articles
- July 2008 - 147 articles
- June 2008 - 111 articles
- May 2008 - 147 articles
- April 2008 - 141 articles
- March 2008 - 125 articles
- February 2008 - 135 articles
- January 2008 - 111 articles
|Scouting for Food Drive ends Saturday|
The Louisiana Purchase Council of the Boy Scouts of America teamed up with Girl Scouts-Pines to the Gulf for this year's 21st annual Scouting for Food Drive.
The event is being held Nov. 1-8.
Scouts throughout northeast Louisiana delivered paper bags Saturday, Nov. 1. Residents have been asked to fill the bags with canned food items and place them on their porches by 9 a.m. Saturday, Nov. 8, for pick-up.
Food will be distributed through Food Bank of Northeast Louisiana, Salvation Army, The Good Samaritan in Winnsboro and dozens of rural food pantries throughout 20 parishes.
Bancroft Bag is the bag sponsor for the food drive again this year. Mac's Fresh Market and Capital One Bank agreed to allow Scouts to place boxes in certain locations through the end of the food drive.
This year, the Boy Scouts and Girl Scouts hope to exceed more than 85,000 pounds of food collected.
"The Scouting Food Drive not only provides food for the hungry in northeast Louisiana, but it also teaches the Scouts about giving back to the community," said David Sorrell, Scout executive of the Louisiana Purchase Council.
Additional food drive sponsors include Georgia-Pacific, Krafted Solutions, Graphic Packaging, Gulf South Warehouse, Kapstone, KNOE-TV8, McDonald's and The Radio People.
For more information about Scouting for Food, contact the Boy Scouts Service Center at 325-4634 or the Girl Scouts Service Center at 325-2691.