Should members of the LSU Board of Supervisors disclose who receives their scholarships?|
Story Archives: Dunn to unveil southern gospel album
- 2013 - 961 articles
- 2012 - 1954 articles
- 2011 - 2029 articles
- 2010 - 2139 articles
- 2009 - 2066 articles
- 2008 - 1757 articles
- December 2008 - 146 articles
- November 2008 - 147 articles
- November 29th, 2008 (Saturday) - 1 articles
- November 26th, 2008 (Wednesday) - 23 articles
- November 25th, 2008 (Tuesday) - 5 articles
- November 24th, 2008 (Monday) - 1 articles
- November 20th, 2008 (Thursday) - 23 articles
- November 19th, 2008 (Wednesday) - 5 articles
- November 18th, 2008 (Tuesday) - 2 articles
- November 16th, 2008 (Sunday) - 1 articles
- November 14th, 2008 (Friday) - 3 articles
- November 13th, 2008 (Thursday) - 23 articles
- November 12th, 2008 (Wednesday) - 12 articles
- November 11th, 2008 (Tuesday) - 1 articles
- November 8th, 2008 (Saturday) - 1 articles
- November 7th, 2008 (Friday) - 17 articles
- November 6th, 2008 (Thursday) - 11 articles
- November 5th, 2008 (Wednesday) - 16 articles
- November 4th, 2008 (Tuesday) - 1 articles
- November 2nd, 2008 (Sunday) - 1 articles
- October 2008 - 232 articles
- September 2008 - 189 articles
- August 2008 - 126 articles
- July 2008 - 147 articles
- June 2008 - 111 articles
- May 2008 - 147 articles
- April 2008 - 141 articles
- March 2008 - 125 articles
- February 2008 - 135 articles
- January 2008 - 111 articles
|Dunn to unveil southern gospel album|
For years, friends, family and fans have bugged Peggy Dunn to record a southern gospel album.
Dunn has been a fixture in the community and local churches; her singing has garnered many admirers.
Dunn eventually decided to record an album. After a two-year process, the album was completed last month.
She worked on it with local entertainer Mike McKenzie in his studio in Rayville. Lee Haynes, who hosts The Gospel Music Hour, played keyboard on the album.
"It took me a while because I have sinus problems, and I'd have to sing between times I was sick," Dunn said. "It took a while, but we got it done."
"This is the first one ever, and the only reason I did this one is because I was asked to do it," Dunn continued. "I've been singing since I was a little kid, and people have been asking me to make a recording. I never took it seriously until finally when I became a senior citizen. I said, 'maybe I should do this thing before it's too late."
Dunn will perform songs from her new album at 6:30 p.m. Tuesday, Nov. 11, at Harvest Assembly of God, located at 100 Ole Hwy. 15 in West Monroe.
Errol Miller, a member of Harvest Assembly of God, wrote three of the songs, which appear on Dunn's new album.
"Everything I do is a ministry because of my faith in the Lord and his loving kindness to me," Dunn explained. "That's why I named the album, 'Loving Kindness.' When I really thought seriously about it, I couldn't name it anything else because it is because of God's loving kindness that I'm able to do anything."
"I feel like I have a good message about the loving kindness of God," she said. "I want to get the word out. It feels wonderful to be able to touch hearts. People are telling me they were encouraged, or they cried, or one of the songs touched them. That's really what it's all about for me."
The public is invited to attend the Nov. 11, event at Harvest Assembly of God.
More information about Dunn's album and upcoming performances can be found on her website at www.peggysministries.com.