Should members of the LSU Board of Supervisors disclose who receives their scholarships?|
Story Archives: Rebels ambush Ruston
- 2013 - 801 articles
- 2012 - 1954 articles
- 2011 - 2029 articles
- 2010 - 2139 articles
- 2009 - 2066 articles
- 2008 - 1757 articles
- December 2008 - 146 articles
- November 2008 - 147 articles
- October 2008 - 232 articles
- October 31st, 2008 (Friday) - 2 articles
- October 30th, 2008 (Thursday) - 22 articles
- October 29th, 2008 (Wednesday) - 11 articles
- October 28th, 2008 (Tuesday) - 11 articles
- October 27th, 2008 (Monday) - 2 articles
- October 26th, 2008 (Sunday) - 1 articles
- October 24th, 2008 (Friday) - 14 articles
- October 23rd, 2008 (Thursday) - 11 articles
- October 22nd, 2008 (Wednesday) - 12 articles
- October 21st, 2008 (Tuesday) - 7 articles
- October 20th, 2008 (Monday) - 3 articles
- October 19th, 2008 (Sunday) - 1 articles
- October 17th, 2008 (Friday) - 13 articles
- October 16th, 2008 (Thursday) - 3 articles
- October 15th, 2008 (Wednesday) - 24 articles
- October 14th, 2008 (Tuesday) - 7 articles
- October 13th, 2008 (Monday) - 1 articles
- October 12th, 2008 (Sunday) - 1 articles
- October 9th, 2008 (Thursday) - 10 articles
- October 8th, 2008 (Wednesday) - 13 articles
- October 7th, 2008 (Tuesday) - 5 articles
- October 6th, 2008 (Monday) - 3 articles
- October 5th, 2008 (Sunday) - 5 articles
- October 4th, 2008 (Saturday) - 1 articles
- October 3rd, 2008 (Friday) - 10 articles
- October 2nd, 2008 (Thursday) - 21 articles
- October 1st, 2008 (Wednesday) - 18 articles
- September 2008 - 189 articles
- August 2008 - 126 articles
- July 2008 - 147 articles
- June 2008 - 111 articles
- May 2008 - 147 articles
- April 2008 - 141 articles
- March 2008 - 125 articles
- February 2008 - 135 articles
- January 2008 - 111 articles
|Rebels ambush Ruston|
The West Monroe Rebels extended their 22-game winning streak over the Ruston Bearcats with a 31-8 win Friday night at Rebel Stadium.
West Monroe (7-0, 6-0 district 1-5A) was sharp from the opening whistle in dispatching their heated rivals.
The Ruston defense held firm on the first West Monroe possession as the Rebels got into field-goal range. Cody Hollis put in a 25-yard kick for the early 3-0 West Monroe advantage.
The Rebel defense, allowing 234 yards of total offense, stuffed Ruston again on the next possession to set up the next Rebel touchdown. Quarterback D.J. Banks scrambled to find a wide-open Taylor Underwood for the 12-yard touchdown strike.
"We executed some things real good on offense," West Monroe head coach Don Shows said. "We had some people make big plays on defense and put pressure on Ruston."
It was the first touchdown catch of the season for Underwood, who would add a second touchdown reception and a total of 74 yards in the second half.
The rest of the first half saw West Monroe losing some focus. A bad snap on a punt led to a safety for Ruston to cut into the Rebels lead, 10-2. The very next play from scrimmage saw Ruston quarterback Nick Rome find wide receiver Chase Patterson for a 58-yard touchdown. The two-point conversion failed and West Monroe held on the the lead, 10-8.
After a second Underwood touchdown catch to make it 17-8 at halftime, the West Monroe offense came out of the lockers on fire.
Banks found a seam to pay dirt from 40-yards away and the route was on after that, giving the Rebels a 24-8 advantage.
Banks rushed for 112 yards and passed for another 99 yards on 4-of-9 passing. Fullback Eric Talton had his coming-out as well with 135 yards for West Monroe.