Should members of the LSU Board of Supervisors disclose who receives their scholarships?|
Story Archives: BPW announces award nominees
- 2013 - 801 articles
- 2012 - 1954 articles
- 2011 - 2029 articles
- 2010 - 2139 articles
- 2009 - 2066 articles
- 2008 - 1757 articles
- December 2008 - 146 articles
- November 2008 - 147 articles
- October 2008 - 232 articles
- October 31st, 2008 (Friday) - 2 articles
- October 30th, 2008 (Thursday) - 22 articles
- October 29th, 2008 (Wednesday) - 11 articles
- October 28th, 2008 (Tuesday) - 11 articles
- October 27th, 2008 (Monday) - 2 articles
- October 26th, 2008 (Sunday) - 1 articles
- October 24th, 2008 (Friday) - 14 articles
- October 23rd, 2008 (Thursday) - 11 articles
- October 22nd, 2008 (Wednesday) - 12 articles
- October 21st, 2008 (Tuesday) - 7 articles
- October 20th, 2008 (Monday) - 3 articles
- October 19th, 2008 (Sunday) - 1 articles
- October 17th, 2008 (Friday) - 13 articles
- October 16th, 2008 (Thursday) - 3 articles
- October 15th, 2008 (Wednesday) - 24 articles
- October 14th, 2008 (Tuesday) - 7 articles
- October 13th, 2008 (Monday) - 1 articles
- October 12th, 2008 (Sunday) - 1 articles
- October 9th, 2008 (Thursday) - 10 articles
- October 8th, 2008 (Wednesday) - 13 articles
- October 7th, 2008 (Tuesday) - 5 articles
- October 6th, 2008 (Monday) - 3 articles
- October 5th, 2008 (Sunday) - 5 articles
- October 4th, 2008 (Saturday) - 1 articles
- October 3rd, 2008 (Friday) - 10 articles
- October 2nd, 2008 (Thursday) - 21 articles
- October 1st, 2008 (Wednesday) - 18 articles
- September 2008 - 189 articles
- August 2008 - 126 articles
- July 2008 - 147 articles
- June 2008 - 111 articles
- May 2008 - 147 articles
- April 2008 - 141 articles
- March 2008 - 125 articles
- February 2008 - 135 articles
- January 2008 - 111 articles
|BPW announces award nominees|
Six local people have been nominated for the 2008 Monroe/West Monroe BPW "Business/Professional Person of the Year" award.
The winner will be named at the organization's annual banquet at 6:30 p.m. Tuesday, Oct. 21, at the Atrium in Monroe.
The banquet is being held in conjunction with National Business Women's Week.
Activities will include a cash bar, a silent auction and the banquet. Keynote speaker will be Deborah Cofer, first lady of the University of Louisiana-Monroe, and last year's winner.
The annual scholarship winner, Rebecca Bonner, will also be introduced.
Nominees are Linda Tripp, CEO and Founder of Care Solutions/ Care Providers/ Employment Solutions/ and Angel Ministries; Sarah Calhoun Albritton, president of Medical Temps, Inc.; Roanita Jenkins, account Executive of Vantage Health Plan; Judith Mower, vice president, N.E. Louisiana Volunteers of America; Dr. Raymond Poliquit, artistic director of Impresario's Choice; and Teresa Gordon, owner/operator of Daily Harvest Bakery and Deli. The silent auction donated items from local businesses, including restaurant gift certificates, crystal vases, decorative items for the home, facials and spa treatments, pressure washing gift certificate, food items, entertainment packages, and hotel and meal gift certificates.
All proceeds from the banquet and silent auction will be used to fund the educational scholarship fund at ULM for non-traditional women students
Since 1928, BPW along with many other women's organizations have celebrated women's achievements during the third full week of October each year.
This banquet is the local organization's way of thanking the women of Monroe and West Monroe for their efforts and hard work in raising a family, working full time, and contributing to their church and community.
Tickets are $40 each and may be purchased from any BPW member or at the website, www.bpwmonroe-westmonroe.org. Checks or money orders may be mailed to Monroe/West Monroe BPW, P. O. Box 15046, Monroe, LA 71207.