Should members of the LSU Board of Supervisors disclose who receives their scholarships?|
Story Archives: Churches announce events, services
- 2013 - 801 articles
- 2012 - 1954 articles
- 2011 - 2029 articles
- 2010 - 2139 articles
- 2009 - 2066 articles
- 2008 - 1757 articles
- December 2008 - 146 articles
- November 2008 - 147 articles
- October 2008 - 232 articles
- October 31st, 2008 (Friday) - 2 articles
- October 30th, 2008 (Thursday) - 22 articles
- October 29th, 2008 (Wednesday) - 11 articles
- October 28th, 2008 (Tuesday) - 11 articles
- October 27th, 2008 (Monday) - 2 articles
- October 26th, 2008 (Sunday) - 1 articles
- October 24th, 2008 (Friday) - 14 articles
- October 23rd, 2008 (Thursday) - 11 articles
- October 22nd, 2008 (Wednesday) - 12 articles
- October 21st, 2008 (Tuesday) - 7 articles
- October 20th, 2008 (Monday) - 3 articles
- October 19th, 2008 (Sunday) - 1 articles
- October 17th, 2008 (Friday) - 13 articles
- October 16th, 2008 (Thursday) - 3 articles
- October 15th, 2008 (Wednesday) - 24 articles
- October 14th, 2008 (Tuesday) - 7 articles
- October 13th, 2008 (Monday) - 1 articles
- October 12th, 2008 (Sunday) - 1 articles
- October 9th, 2008 (Thursday) - 10 articles
- October 8th, 2008 (Wednesday) - 13 articles
- October 7th, 2008 (Tuesday) - 5 articles
- October 6th, 2008 (Monday) - 3 articles
- October 5th, 2008 (Sunday) - 5 articles
- October 4th, 2008 (Saturday) - 1 articles
- October 3rd, 2008 (Friday) - 10 articles
- October 2nd, 2008 (Thursday) - 21 articles
- October 1st, 2008 (Wednesday) - 18 articles
- September 2008 - 189 articles
- August 2008 - 126 articles
- July 2008 - 147 articles
- June 2008 - 111 articles
- May 2008 - 147 articles
- April 2008 - 141 articles
- March 2008 - 125 articles
- February 2008 - 135 articles
- January 2008 - 111 articles
|Churches announce events, services|
Amazing Grace Worship Center, 2594 Hwy. 15, West Monroe.
Sundays 10 a.m.-Sunday school. 10:45 a.m.-Worship service.
Wednesdays 7 p.m.-Worship.
Information: 329-2143 or 327-3618.
Cheniere Baptist Church, 101 Cheniere Baptist Church Road, West Monroe
Sunday 9:30 a.m.-Sunday school. 10:30 a.m.-Morning worship. 6 p.m.-Evening worship.
Wednesday 6:15 p.m.-Worship.
Christ Church, 208 Lincoln St., West Monroe
Sundays 9 a.m., 11 a.m.-Morning worship. 6:30 p.m.- Evening worship.
Wednesdays 6:30 p.m.-Children ministry, teen ministry and a variety of small group ministries meet.
First United Methodist Church, 1411 Glenwood Drive, West Monroe.
Sunday, Oct. 19 9 a.m.-Traditional worship. 10 a.m.-Sunday school for all ages. 10:50 a.m.-Contemporary worship. 4:45 p.m.-Prayer group meets; Children's program start with choir. 5 p.m.-Junior, senior high youth meet; Pathfinders meets; "Supper & Study" meets. 5:30 p.m.-C.S.I. meets. 5:45 p.m.-Fifth- and sixth-graders meet.
Monday, Oct. 20 6:30 p.m.-Boy Scout Tropp 66 meets; an introductory to Greek language study of the gospel of John meets.
Wednesday, Oct. 22 6:30 a.m.-Men's prayer breakfast group meets at Shoney's. 9:30 a.m.-24-week Bible study on the book of Revelation meets. 10 a.m.-Adult Bible study meets in the library. 6:30 p.m.- The Integrity Choir and contemporary worship band, "Cross and Flame" meet for practice.
Thursday, Oct. 23 9:30 a.m.-50+ Group meets in the fellowship hall.
Frantom Chapel Church, 494 Frantom Chapel Road, Eros
Sundays 10 a.m.-Sunday school. 11 a.m.-Worship. 5:30 p.m.-Evening worship. Wednesdays 7 p.m.- Worship.
Harvest Assembly of God, 100 Ole Hwy. 15, West Monroe
Sunday, Oct. 19 8 a.m.-Prayer service. 9:15 a.m-Sunday school. 10:30 a.m.- Pastor Appreciation Sunday. Morning worship with special recognition for Pastor Randy Bardwell and Associate Pastor Patrick May. 5 p.m.-Prayer service. 6 p.m.-Sunday evening worship with a reception as part of Pastor Appreciation Sunday.
Wednesdays 5:30 p.m.-Supper. 6:30 p.m.-Evening worship.
Liberty Grove Church of God, 504 Marion Sims Road, West Monroe.
The church will be hosting their annual "Reality House." Those who go through the house will be led through simulations of a fatal automobile accident, emergency medical response, emergency room death, a funeral and life after death. The house is designed to give those ages 12 and older a look at the results of unwise decisions. Admission is a donation.
The "reality check" will be held from 7-10 p.m. Friday, Oct. 24 and from 4-8 p.m. Saturday, Oct. 25, at the church.
For more information on the "Reality House" project or the church, call Rev. Larry Roy at 325-4464.
The Lighthouse Church, 513 Sunnyside, Monroe.
Sunday, Oct. 19 10 a.m.-Morning worship led by Bishop Alvin Walker.
Wednesday, Oct. 22 7:30 p.m.-Life skills class.
Saturday, Oct. 25 8:30 a.m.-Homebuyers class, part 2.
Memorial United Methodist Church, 401 Sherrouse, Monroe.
Sunday, Oct. 19 9:15 a.m.-Sunday school for all ages. 10:30 a.m.-Worship service, Laity Sunday, led by Margaret Roy. "How to be a Christian in a Muslim World!"
Wednesday, Oct. 22 7 p.m.-Choir practice with director and organist John Smith.
North Monroe Baptist Church, 210 Finks Hideaway Road, Monroe.
Thursday, Oct. 23 7 p.m.-The "Art*Music*Justice" tour performs. Artists include Sara Groves, Brandon Heath, Derek Webb, Sandra McCracken and Charlie Peacock. The tour benefits the International Justice Mission and Food for the Hungry.
Tickets are $26 in advance and $22 each for groups.
For more information, call 343-4730 or go to www.itickets.com.
Ridge Avenue Baptist Church, 1009 Ridge Ave., West Monroe
Saturday, Oct. 25 9 a.m.-3 p.m.-Jars of Clay Women's Ministry will hold a church bazaar.
The bazaar will include arts, crafts, antiques, jewelry, collectibles and holiday items.
For more information, call Elicia Nugent at 362-1343 or send an e-mail to email@example.com
Ray of Hope, 1935 Winnsboro Road, Monroe.
Ray of Hope recently opened a thrift store. Hours are 9 a.m.-4 p.m. on Mondays and Wednesdays, with a closure for lunch from 11:30 a.m.-1 p.m. Friday and Saturday hours are 9 a.m.-noon.
Thrift store proceeds benefit the many Ray of Hope projects, including a food bank on Mondays, disaster missions and much more.
For more information, call Karen or Mike Simon at 322-9244.
St. Patrick Episcopal Church, 1712 Wellerman Road, West Monroe.
Saturday, Oct. 18 9 a.m.-5 p.m.-The church will host the 18th annual Herbal Harvest and Original Arts & Crafts show.
The public is invited to the free event, which includes live music, fall herbs and bedding plants, herbal products, jewelry and a display of Biblical herbs.
For more information, call Chris Pipes at 396-9385, or the church at 396-1341.
Church and organization news may be submitted for publication in The Ouachita Citizen by e-mailing the information to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please include contact information and the church's address.
For more information, contact Heather Rogers at 322-3161, ext. 206.