Should members of the LSU Board of Supervisors disclose who receives their scholarships?|
Story Archives: Health events scheduled
- 2013 - 801 articles
- 2012 - 1954 articles
- 2011 - 2029 articles
- 2010 - 2139 articles
- 2009 - 2066 articles
- 2008 - 1757 articles
- December 2008 - 146 articles
- November 2008 - 147 articles
- October 2008 - 232 articles
- October 31st, 2008 (Friday) - 2 articles
- October 30th, 2008 (Thursday) - 22 articles
- October 29th, 2008 (Wednesday) - 11 articles
- October 28th, 2008 (Tuesday) - 11 articles
- October 27th, 2008 (Monday) - 2 articles
- October 26th, 2008 (Sunday) - 1 articles
- October 24th, 2008 (Friday) - 14 articles
- October 23rd, 2008 (Thursday) - 11 articles
- October 22nd, 2008 (Wednesday) - 12 articles
- October 21st, 2008 (Tuesday) - 7 articles
- October 20th, 2008 (Monday) - 3 articles
- October 19th, 2008 (Sunday) - 1 articles
- October 17th, 2008 (Friday) - 13 articles
- October 16th, 2008 (Thursday) - 3 articles
- October 15th, 2008 (Wednesday) - 24 articles
- October 14th, 2008 (Tuesday) - 7 articles
- October 13th, 2008 (Monday) - 1 articles
- October 12th, 2008 (Sunday) - 1 articles
- October 9th, 2008 (Thursday) - 10 articles
- October 8th, 2008 (Wednesday) - 13 articles
- October 7th, 2008 (Tuesday) - 5 articles
- October 6th, 2008 (Monday) - 3 articles
- October 5th, 2008 (Sunday) - 5 articles
- October 4th, 2008 (Saturday) - 1 articles
- October 3rd, 2008 (Friday) - 10 articles
- October 2nd, 2008 (Thursday) - 21 articles
- October 1st, 2008 (Wednesday) - 18 articles
- September 2008 - 189 articles
- August 2008 - 126 articles
- July 2008 - 147 articles
- June 2008 - 111 articles
- May 2008 - 147 articles
- April 2008 - 141 articles
- March 2008 - 125 articles
- February 2008 - 135 articles
- January 2008 - 111 articles
|Health events scheduled|
Diabetes Center to host lunch, seminar
The St. Francis Medical Center Diabetes & Nutrition Center will host a lunch and seminar for family practice and internal medicine physicians, hospitalists and nurse practitioners on Tuesday, Oct. 28.
Lunch will begin at noon inside the St. Francis Conference Center Auditorium, located at the downtown campus at 309 Jackson St., Monroe.
Dr. Lawrence Blonde of New Orleans, is the scheduled guest speaker.
Blonde, who serves as the Director of the Ochsner Diabetes Clinical Research Unit in the Department of Endocrinology, Diabetes and Metabolism, and an Associate Internal Medicine Residency Program Director at Ochsner Clinic Foundation, will discuss current therapies and goals concerning diabetes treatment.
A question-and-answer session will follow the presentation.
Lunch will be provided and a RSVP is requested. For more information, call 966-5219.
Men's heart health breakfast scheduled
Dr. Scott Burkett will be the guest speaker at the Men's Heart Health Breakfast on Tuesday, Oct. 28.
The breakfast will begin at 7 a.m. inside the St. Francis Medical Center Auditorium, located at the downtown campus at 309 Jackson St.
Burkett will speak to the audience about Sudden Cardiac Death. The public is invited to attend.
For more information, please call 966-5283.
St. Francis to host orthpaedic symposium
Applications are being taken for the Annual "Fall Into Orthopaedics" Symposium scheduled for Wednesday, Oct. 22 at the Monroe Civic Center Conference Hall, 401 Lea Joyner Expressway, Monroe.
The symposium is being hosted by St. Francis Medical Center and is held yearly for healthcare professionals to update and expand their knowledge of orthopaedics.
Registration for the event will begin at 7:15 a.m. and lunch will be provided.
Presentation topics include New Technology and Innovative Procedures, Prosthetic Training for Transfermoral Amputation and Orthopaedic Trauma.
Attendees will receive continuing education credit.
To register by phone or for more information, call 966-7137.
Glenwood offers Shots for Tots
Glenwood Regional Medical Center holds a Shots for Tots clinic on the second and fourth Wednesday each month at the Glenwood Medical Mall.
Cost$10 per child.
Children need vaccines at age two months, four months, six months, 12-15 months, 18-23 months and 4-5 years.
Appointments are required by calling 329-8590.