Should members of the LSU Board of Supervisors disclose who receives their scholarships?|
Story Archives: St. Francis Medical Center names new CEO
- 2013 - 802 articles
- 2012 - 1954 articles
- 2011 - 2029 articles
- 2010 - 2139 articles
- 2009 - 2066 articles
- 2008 - 1757 articles
- December 2008 - 146 articles
- November 2008 - 147 articles
- October 2008 - 232 articles
- October 31st, 2008 (Friday) - 2 articles
- October 30th, 2008 (Thursday) - 22 articles
- October 29th, 2008 (Wednesday) - 11 articles
- October 28th, 2008 (Tuesday) - 11 articles
- October 27th, 2008 (Monday) - 2 articles
- October 26th, 2008 (Sunday) - 1 articles
- October 24th, 2008 (Friday) - 14 articles
- October 23rd, 2008 (Thursday) - 11 articles
- October 22nd, 2008 (Wednesday) - 12 articles
- October 21st, 2008 (Tuesday) - 7 articles
- October 20th, 2008 (Monday) - 3 articles
- October 19th, 2008 (Sunday) - 1 articles
- October 17th, 2008 (Friday) - 13 articles
- October 16th, 2008 (Thursday) - 3 articles
- October 15th, 2008 (Wednesday) - 24 articles
- October 14th, 2008 (Tuesday) - 7 articles
- October 13th, 2008 (Monday) - 1 articles
- October 12th, 2008 (Sunday) - 1 articles
- October 9th, 2008 (Thursday) - 10 articles
- October 8th, 2008 (Wednesday) - 13 articles
- October 7th, 2008 (Tuesday) - 5 articles
- October 6th, 2008 (Monday) - 3 articles
- October 5th, 2008 (Sunday) - 5 articles
- October 4th, 2008 (Saturday) - 1 articles
- October 3rd, 2008 (Friday) - 10 articles
- October 2nd, 2008 (Thursday) - 21 articles
- October 1st, 2008 (Wednesday) - 18 articles
- September 2008 - 189 articles
- August 2008 - 126 articles
- July 2008 - 147 articles
- June 2008 - 111 articles
- May 2008 - 147 articles
- April 2008 - 141 articles
- March 2008 - 125 articles
- February 2008 - 135 articles
- January 2008 - 111 articles
|St. Francis Medical Center names new CEO|
Louis H. Bremer Jr. has been appointed the new president and chief executive officer for St. Francis Medical Center.
The announcement was made by Sister Barbara Arceneaux, Provincial for the Franciscan Missionaries of Our Lady, sponsors for the Franciscan Missionaries of Our Lady Health System.
Bremer will assume his new role no later than Nov. 1.
The search for a new CEO began in February when Scott Wester, former CEO of St. Francis, accepted the CEO position at Our Lady of the Lake Regional Medical Center in Baton Rouge. A search committee was formed consisting of the following St. Francis board members: Malcolm Maddox, Chairman of the Board; Dr. Jim Cofer, Sr., president of ULM; John Luffey Jr., attorney at law; Ed Seymour Jr., Bennett Seymour Insurance; Sr. Mary Ann Sepulvado, Franciscan Missionaries of Our Lady; Dr. Kerry Anders, chief of saff; Dr. Wilson Barham, ENT; Dr. Bob Seegers, gastroenterologist; and Dr. Daryl Marx, chief of surgery.
"Louis Bremer's qualifications have earned him the top spot in this extensive search process. His accomplishments as a healthcare executive over the years reflect his commitment to service and operational excellence," said Malcolm Maddox, chairman of the St. Francis board.
"With a strong board of directors and senior leadership team, partnered with dedicated physicians and employees, I feel very confident that under Mr. Bremer's leadership, St. Francis will continue its mission of extending the healing ministry of Jesus Christ to those most in need," Sister Arceneaux said.
John Finan, president and CEO of the Franciscan Missionaries of Our Lady Health System added, "We were very fortunate to have Sr. Kathleen Cain, OSF, serve as Interim CEO for the past few months. Because of her leadership, St. Francis continued on its path to provide quality healthcare to the citizens in the northeast Louisiana region."
"We thank the search committee for their time in assisting FMOLHS in finding the perfect candidate to continue the work that began here in Monroe more than 95 years ago," Finan continued. "I am confident that with Mr. Bremer's combined years of clinical, financial and operational experience, St. Francis will continue to meet the area's healthcare needs in today's competitive market."
Bremer Jr. a native of Houston, has 35 years experience in the healthcare industry with fellowship status in the American College of Healthcare Executives. He holds a bachelor's degree in biology from Baylor University and a master's degree in heathcare administration from Texas Woman's University. He has also completed the Premier Healthcare Executive Fellowship Program in Management at the Kellogg School of Business at Northwestern University.
Bremer has extensive experience in managing hospitals in different settings. He has served as a hospital CEO for 20 years in hospitals ranging in size from a 25-bed rural critical access hospital to a 544-bed regional tertiary teaching hospital as well as CEO of a two hospital healthcare system. His experience includes not-for-profit, for-profit, public and teaching hospitals as well as an integrated healthcare system.
Bremer recently worked with Quorum Health Resources, a national healthcare firm that provides management and consulting services to not-for-profit hospitals. In his role at Quorum he functioned as an Interim CEO for client hospitals and had the primary task of identifying opportunities for improvement and then implementing plans.
Bremer has been married for 34 years to the former Angela Keeling, a native of Charleston, West Virginia. They have a son, Louis, who is in graduate school at Juilliard in New York City and a daughter, Kirsten, who lives in Oklahoma with her husband and son.
Bremer has been involved in numerous civic and professional activities, including Rotary, chamber of commerce and United Way. He has been active in professional associations including the American College of Healthcare Executives, American Hospital Association and state hospital associations in Texas, Arkansas, South Carolina, Georgia, Tennessee and Florida. In his spare time he enjoys family activities, golf, music, reading and traveling.
St. Francis Medical Center is a member of the Franciscan Missionaries of Our Lady Health System consisting of two campus locations (North and Downtown) with a combined total of 527 licensed beds, over 2,500 employees and 322 medical staff members. In addition to St. Francis, the Health System sponsors Our Lady of the Lake Regional Medical Center in Baton Rouge, St. Elizabeth Hospital in Gonzales, Our Lady of Lourdes Regional Medical Center in Lafayette, and Assumption Community Hospital in Napoleonville.