Should members of the LSU Board of Supervisors disclose who receives their scholarships?|
Story Archives: Richwood tunes up on Jackson as district play looms
- 2013 - 845 articles
- 2012 - 1954 articles
- 2011 - 2029 articles
- 2010 - 2139 articles
- 2009 - 2066 articles
- 2008 - 1757 articles
- December 2008 - 146 articles
- November 2008 - 147 articles
- October 2008 - 232 articles
- October 31st, 2008 (Friday) - 2 articles
- October 30th, 2008 (Thursday) - 22 articles
- October 29th, 2008 (Wednesday) - 11 articles
- October 28th, 2008 (Tuesday) - 11 articles
- October 27th, 2008 (Monday) - 2 articles
- October 26th, 2008 (Sunday) - 1 articles
- October 24th, 2008 (Friday) - 14 articles
- October 23rd, 2008 (Thursday) - 11 articles
- October 22nd, 2008 (Wednesday) - 12 articles
- October 21st, 2008 (Tuesday) - 7 articles
- October 20th, 2008 (Monday) - 3 articles
- October 19th, 2008 (Sunday) - 1 articles
- October 17th, 2008 (Friday) - 13 articles
- October 16th, 2008 (Thursday) - 3 articles
- October 15th, 2008 (Wednesday) - 24 articles
- October 14th, 2008 (Tuesday) - 7 articles
- October 13th, 2008 (Monday) - 1 articles
- October 12th, 2008 (Sunday) - 1 articles
- October 9th, 2008 (Thursday) - 10 articles
- October 8th, 2008 (Wednesday) - 13 articles
- October 7th, 2008 (Tuesday) - 5 articles
- October 6th, 2008 (Monday) - 3 articles
- October 5th, 2008 (Sunday) - 5 articles
- October 4th, 2008 (Saturday) - 1 articles
- October 3rd, 2008 (Friday) - 10 articles
- October 2nd, 2008 (Thursday) - 21 articles
- October 1st, 2008 (Wednesday) - 18 articles
- September 2008 - 189 articles
- August 2008 - 126 articles
- July 2008 - 147 articles
- June 2008 - 111 articles
- May 2008 - 147 articles
- April 2008 - 141 articles
- March 2008 - 125 articles
- February 2008 - 135 articles
- January 2008 - 111 articles
|Richwood tunes up on Jackson as district play looms|
After beginning the season on rocky ground, the Richwood Rams (2-3) continued to turn heads with their second straight victory Friday night.
A vaunted Richwood rushing attack rolled up 191 yards on the ground in beating Jackson 49-20 on the road.
"We played well running the ball," said Richwood head coach Warren Trimble. "I thought we played real good defense up front in stopping their running game."
Indeed, the Rams were tough up front defensively in allowing 16 yards rushing on the night.
Jackson (0-5) answered little in the opening minutes of the game as Richwood's Greg Hudson found a hole and scampered for an early touchdown and a 7-0 lead for the Rams.
The Ram defense made Jackson pay on the next possession as Rashad Givens stepped in front of an Ellis Eubanks pass and returned it 31 yards to the endzone to hand Richwood a 14-0 advantage.
Eubanks was just 2-of-5 passing but he managed 117 yards in the air and touchdown passes on each of his completions.
Eubanks found Marquis Ferguson for a 47-yard touchdown strike to close the first quarter. The duo hooked up again in the third quarter on a 70-yard missile from Eubanks.
Greg Johnson, suspended from the game last week, scored a pair of touchdown runs on the night for Richwood. He gave way to back-up signal caller Anthony Abram in the second half, who proceeded to throw a touchdown pass to Richard Wilson covering 62 yards. The play gave Richwood a 49-14 lead going into the fourth quarter.
The Jackson offense had little gas left in the tank for the final period of play, though.
Johnson led all players in rushing yards with 76 yards on just eight carries. For the second week in a row, the Richwood offense escaped the contest without an interception.
The trend has equaled success for the Rams with district play beginning this week at Wossman.