Should members of the LSU Board of Supervisors disclose who receives their scholarships?|
Story Archives: Sterlington pulls out big win over arch-rival OCS
- 2013 - 802 articles
- 2012 - 1954 articles
- 2011 - 2029 articles
- 2010 - 2139 articles
- 2009 - 2066 articles
- 2008 - 1757 articles
- December 2008 - 146 articles
- November 2008 - 147 articles
- October 2008 - 232 articles
- October 31st, 2008 (Friday) - 2 articles
- October 30th, 2008 (Thursday) - 22 articles
- October 29th, 2008 (Wednesday) - 11 articles
- October 28th, 2008 (Tuesday) - 11 articles
- October 27th, 2008 (Monday) - 2 articles
- October 26th, 2008 (Sunday) - 1 articles
- October 24th, 2008 (Friday) - 14 articles
- October 23rd, 2008 (Thursday) - 11 articles
- October 22nd, 2008 (Wednesday) - 12 articles
- October 21st, 2008 (Tuesday) - 7 articles
- October 20th, 2008 (Monday) - 3 articles
- October 19th, 2008 (Sunday) - 1 articles
- October 17th, 2008 (Friday) - 13 articles
- October 16th, 2008 (Thursday) - 3 articles
- October 15th, 2008 (Wednesday) - 24 articles
- October 14th, 2008 (Tuesday) - 7 articles
- October 13th, 2008 (Monday) - 1 articles
- October 12th, 2008 (Sunday) - 1 articles
- October 9th, 2008 (Thursday) - 10 articles
- October 8th, 2008 (Wednesday) - 13 articles
- October 7th, 2008 (Tuesday) - 5 articles
- October 6th, 2008 (Monday) - 3 articles
- October 5th, 2008 (Sunday) - 5 articles
- October 4th, 2008 (Saturday) - 1 articles
- October 3rd, 2008 (Friday) - 10 articles
- October 2nd, 2008 (Thursday) - 21 articles
- October 1st, 2008 (Wednesday) - 18 articles
- September 2008 - 189 articles
- August 2008 - 126 articles
- July 2008 - 147 articles
- June 2008 - 111 articles
- May 2008 - 147 articles
- April 2008 - 141 articles
- March 2008 - 125 articles
- February 2008 - 135 articles
- January 2008 - 111 articles
|Sterlington pulls out big win over arch-rival OCS|
Weeks of frustration and on-the-field collapses gave way to feelings of the good old days at Sterlington Friday night as the Panthers squeaked by Ouachita Christian School, 30-25.
For the seventh consecutive time it was the Panthers clawing their way to victory over rival OCS.
"It was great to get a 'W,'" said Sterlington head coach Mike Collins. "We played hard and needed that one."
Quarterback Logan Dobson lobbed a touchdown pass to Marquis Douglas for a 30-yard score with 1:41 remaining that sealed the victory. A Douglas run on a two-point conversion attempt provided for the final margin of victory for Sterlington
The two teams were back and forth all night after Douglas opened the scoring on a 27-yard jaunt in the first quarter. Douglas finished with 105 all purpose yards (67 rushing, 38 receiving) and three touchdowns to pace the Sterlington offense.
OCS (4-1) answered Sterlington's first touchdown with a Jacob Davis 15-yard scamper into the end zone. Davis ran in from eight yards out moments later to give OCS a 14-8 advantage.
OCS took a one point advantage of 15-14 into the lockers at halftime following a four-yard run to pay dirt by Sterlington's LaQintin Allen.
Douglas opened the third quarter scoring with a five-yard touchdown run before Glen Marshall caught a touchdown pass from Davis to put OCS back on top in the see-saw battle.
Davis was 12-of-18 passing for 134 yards and 3 touchdowns (2 rush, 1 pass) for OCS. Dobson countered for Sterlington (2-3) with a 12-of-20 and 138 yard performance.
A 33-yard field goal by Taylor Dawson seemed to have OCS on a fast track to victory when it went through the uprights with just over two minutes remaining.
Dobson then lead Sterlington on the game-winning drive that proved to be the difference for the Panthers and the heartache of OCS.