Should members of the LSU Board of Supervisors disclose who receives their scholarships?|
Story Archives: Band plans trip to Ireland; public is invited
- 2013 - 801 articles
- 2012 - 1954 articles
- 2011 - 2029 articles
- 2010 - 2139 articles
- 2009 - 2066 articles
- 2008 - 1757 articles
- December 2008 - 146 articles
- November 2008 - 147 articles
- October 2008 - 232 articles
- October 31st, 2008 (Friday) - 2 articles
- October 30th, 2008 (Thursday) - 22 articles
- October 29th, 2008 (Wednesday) - 11 articles
- October 28th, 2008 (Tuesday) - 11 articles
- October 27th, 2008 (Monday) - 2 articles
- October 26th, 2008 (Sunday) - 1 articles
- October 24th, 2008 (Friday) - 14 articles
- October 23rd, 2008 (Thursday) - 11 articles
- October 22nd, 2008 (Wednesday) - 12 articles
- October 21st, 2008 (Tuesday) - 7 articles
- October 20th, 2008 (Monday) - 3 articles
- October 19th, 2008 (Sunday) - 1 articles
- October 17th, 2008 (Friday) - 13 articles
- October 16th, 2008 (Thursday) - 3 articles
- October 15th, 2008 (Wednesday) - 24 articles
- October 14th, 2008 (Tuesday) - 7 articles
- October 13th, 2008 (Monday) - 1 articles
- October 12th, 2008 (Sunday) - 1 articles
- October 9th, 2008 (Thursday) - 10 articles
- October 8th, 2008 (Wednesday) - 13 articles
- October 7th, 2008 (Tuesday) - 5 articles
- October 6th, 2008 (Monday) - 3 articles
- October 5th, 2008 (Sunday) - 5 articles
- October 4th, 2008 (Saturday) - 1 articles
- October 3rd, 2008 (Friday) - 10 articles
- October 2nd, 2008 (Thursday) - 21 articles
- October 1st, 2008 (Wednesday) - 18 articles
- September 2008 - 189 articles
- August 2008 - 126 articles
- July 2008 - 147 articles
- June 2008 - 111 articles
- May 2008 - 147 articles
- April 2008 - 141 articles
- March 2008 - 125 articles
- February 2008 - 135 articles
- January 2008 - 111 articles
|Band plans trip to Ireland; public is invited|
There are some spots open for those wishing to join the ULM Band Department's trip to Ireland in March 2009. These spots will be filled on a first-come, first-served basis with a $200 deposit required to secure a spot.
The ULM Band has been invited to participate in the activities surrounding St. Patrick's Day in 2009—including the St. Patrick's Day Parade in downtown Dublin.
The trip will begin Thursday, March 12, 2009, with an afternoon departure from Dallas and ends with a return to Dallas Thursday, March 19.
In addition to the parade, travelers will be treated to some of the attractions of Ireland, which may include the Cliffs of Mohr, Bunratty Castle and village, Waterford, Galway, Cork, the Rock of Cashel, King John's Castle, Kilmainham Jail, Trinity College, St. Patrick's Cathedral, and St. Michan's Church.
The trip cost is projected at $1,999, which includes airfare, ground transportation, professional Irish bus drivers and guides, all sightseeing tours, six nights accommodation in first class/superior tourist class hotels (double occupancy), five full Irish breakfasts, three evening dinners at the hotel, a one-night stay in London following the Irish portion of the trip, one continental breakfast in London, porterage of one bag per person at hotels, and all local service charges, taxes, and gratuities, except gratuities to drivers and guides. There is an additional cost for travelers who desire single occupancy in the hotels. The exact final price for the trip will be determined once deposits are made and airline seats are booked.
Opportunities for participating in the trip will be offered first to current band members, alumni band members, interested members of the ULM community, and then interested members from the Monroe/West Monroe and surrounding communities. The total traveling party will be about 125 people.
For more information on this trip or to inquire about becoming a member of the traveling party, contact Derle Long at 342-1594 or via e-mail at email@example.com. The trip information is available at www.ulm.edu/music.