Should members of the LSU Board of Supervisors disclose who receives their scholarships?|
Story Archives: Business news, newsmakers — Oct. 8, 2008
- 2013 - 961 articles
- 2012 - 1954 articles
- 2011 - 2029 articles
- 2010 - 2139 articles
- 2009 - 2066 articles
- 2008 - 1757 articles
- December 2008 - 146 articles
- November 2008 - 147 articles
- October 2008 - 232 articles
- October 31st, 2008 (Friday) - 2 articles
- October 30th, 2008 (Thursday) - 22 articles
- October 29th, 2008 (Wednesday) - 11 articles
- October 28th, 2008 (Tuesday) - 11 articles
- October 27th, 2008 (Monday) - 2 articles
- October 26th, 2008 (Sunday) - 1 articles
- October 24th, 2008 (Friday) - 14 articles
- October 23rd, 2008 (Thursday) - 11 articles
- October 22nd, 2008 (Wednesday) - 12 articles
- October 21st, 2008 (Tuesday) - 7 articles
- October 20th, 2008 (Monday) - 3 articles
- October 19th, 2008 (Sunday) - 1 articles
- October 17th, 2008 (Friday) - 13 articles
- October 16th, 2008 (Thursday) - 3 articles
- October 15th, 2008 (Wednesday) - 24 articles
- October 14th, 2008 (Tuesday) - 7 articles
- October 13th, 2008 (Monday) - 1 articles
- October 12th, 2008 (Sunday) - 1 articles
- October 9th, 2008 (Thursday) - 10 articles
- October 8th, 2008 (Wednesday) - 13 articles
- October 7th, 2008 (Tuesday) - 5 articles
- October 6th, 2008 (Monday) - 3 articles
- October 5th, 2008 (Sunday) - 5 articles
- October 4th, 2008 (Saturday) - 1 articles
- October 3rd, 2008 (Friday) - 10 articles
- October 2nd, 2008 (Thursday) - 21 articles
- October 1st, 2008 (Wednesday) - 18 articles
- September 2008 - 189 articles
- August 2008 - 126 articles
- July 2008 - 147 articles
- June 2008 - 111 articles
- May 2008 - 147 articles
- April 2008 - 141 articles
- March 2008 - 125 articles
- February 2008 - 135 articles
- January 2008 - 111 articles
|Business news, newsmakers — Oct. 8, 2008|
Goldman installed as chapter head
Kevin Goldman, CPA took office as the 2008-09 president of the Northeast chapter of the Society of Louisiana CPAs. He will serve a one-year term.
Goldman received a bachelor's degree in business administration with a major in accounting from the University of Louisiana-Monroe. Goldman is CFO of The North Louisiana Orthopaedic & Sports Medicine Clinic.
Nicole Walker, CPA, was named chapter president-elect. She will automatically become president of the Northeast chapter in 2009-10. She is employed by the University of Louisiana-Monroe.
CPA John Sitton was voted chapter secretary. He is a manager with the Monroe firm Booth Giger & Company, LLP.
CPA Jamie Sheridan will serve as chapter treasurer. She is a partner in the Monroe firm Hulsey, Harwood & Co., CPAs.
Bill Schooley, CPA, is the chapter's immediate past-president. He is a senior analyst-contract administration at CenturyTel in Monroe.
The LCPA (www.lcpa.org) was organized in 1911 and is a non-profit professional association with more than 6,300 CPAs working in public practice, industry, government and education.
Manning named to CAC
Judge C. Wendell Manning, with the 4th Judicial District Court in Monroe, has been appointed Special Designee to the Community Action Committee by Louisiana Bar Foundation President Marc T. Amy.
The CAC is a joint program of the LBF and the Louisiana State Bar Association. The CAC serves as a catalyst statewide for lawyer community involvement through charitable and other public service projects.
The Louisiana Bar Foundation exists to preserve, honor and improve the justice system by funding, developing or otherwise promoting efforts which enhance the legal profession, increase public understanding of the legal system and advance the reality of equal justice under the law.
Since 1989, the LBF has awarded more than $32 million in grants to Louisiana non-profit organizations.
Jindal appoints Graham
Gov. Bobby Jindal recently announced appointments to the Louisiana Real Estate Appraisers Board, including Michael Graham of Monroe.
Graham is a licensed general appraiser and has been an adjunct professor at Louisiana Tech University since 2001. Graham will represent the 5th Congressional District, as required by statute.
Also appointed was Leonard Pauley Jr., of Lake Charles.
The Louisiana Real Estate Appraisers Board serves to regulate the issuance of real estate appraiser and trainee licenses and related services.