Should members of the LSU Board of Supervisors disclose who receives their scholarships?|
Story Archives: River Oaks mauls Central
- 2013 - 800 articles
- 2012 - 1954 articles
- 2011 - 2029 articles
- 2010 - 2139 articles
- 2009 - 2066 articles
- 2008 - 1757 articles
- December 2008 - 146 articles
- November 2008 - 147 articles
- October 2008 - 232 articles
- October 31st, 2008 (Friday) - 2 articles
- October 30th, 2008 (Thursday) - 22 articles
- October 29th, 2008 (Wednesday) - 11 articles
- October 28th, 2008 (Tuesday) - 11 articles
- October 27th, 2008 (Monday) - 2 articles
- October 26th, 2008 (Sunday) - 1 articles
- October 24th, 2008 (Friday) - 14 articles
- October 23rd, 2008 (Thursday) - 11 articles
- October 22nd, 2008 (Wednesday) - 12 articles
- October 21st, 2008 (Tuesday) - 7 articles
- October 20th, 2008 (Monday) - 3 articles
- October 19th, 2008 (Sunday) - 1 articles
- October 17th, 2008 (Friday) - 13 articles
- October 16th, 2008 (Thursday) - 3 articles
- October 15th, 2008 (Wednesday) - 24 articles
- October 14th, 2008 (Tuesday) - 7 articles
- October 13th, 2008 (Monday) - 1 articles
- October 12th, 2008 (Sunday) - 1 articles
- October 9th, 2008 (Thursday) - 10 articles
- October 8th, 2008 (Wednesday) - 13 articles
- October 7th, 2008 (Tuesday) - 5 articles
- October 6th, 2008 (Monday) - 3 articles
- October 5th, 2008 (Sunday) - 5 articles
- October 4th, 2008 (Saturday) - 1 articles
- October 3rd, 2008 (Friday) - 10 articles
- October 2nd, 2008 (Thursday) - 21 articles
- October 1st, 2008 (Wednesday) - 18 articles
- September 2008 - 189 articles
- August 2008 - 126 articles
- July 2008 - 147 articles
- June 2008 - 111 articles
- May 2008 - 147 articles
- April 2008 - 141 articles
- March 2008 - 125 articles
- February 2008 - 135 articles
- January 2008 - 111 articles
|River Oaks mauls Central|
Even with a slow start, the River Oaks Mustangs (4-1) overcame adversity to beat Central Private of Hinds, Miss., Friday night, 26-7.
River Oaks could not get past Central's stonewall defense early on as the Mustangs went scoreless on their first three possessions in the contest.
Quarterback Cody Trichell got the Mustangs on the scoreboard late in the first quarter on a 4-yard jaunt up the middle for a 7-0 Mustangs lead after one quarter of play.
"Cody (Trichell) continues to be a great leader," said River Oaks coach Robert Hannah. "He is doing what we ask of him and has led us on some great drives this season."
Trichell finished with 119 yards rushing and 81 yards passing as he continues to be a jack of all trades for the Mustangs. Trichell brought his rushing touchdown total to nine on the season Friday night. Big numbers for a signal-caller.
Gabe Bower got his first rushing touchdown of the season for the Mustangs with a 13-yard run to pay dirt in the second quarter.
River Oaks held tight on defense until right before halftime when Central running back Jordan Townsend scored from 10 yards out to cut into the River Oaks lead.
"We did not start out too good," Hannah said. "The defense played great the second half."
River Oaks went into intermission holding a 19-7 lead. River Oaks has not lost this season when leading at halftime.
Friday night was no different.
Trichell kicked off the Mustang scoring machine after halftime with his own touchdown from 1 yard out.
It only took Vincent Moore five carries to put one into the end zone for River Oaks as he ended the scoring on a 5-yard run in the fourth quarter.
Moore picked up 36 yards on just 5 carries to run his touchdown total to 6 this season.
Quarterback Trey Lathan was under immense pressure all night long from the big blue defense of River Oaks.
Lathan completed just 4-of-8 passes for 51 yards and had numerous fumbles. River Oaks recovered one mishandling of the ball for a turnover in the third quarter.