Should members of the LSU Board of Supervisors disclose who receives their scholarships?|
Story Archives: Warriors entertain Wildcats
- 2013 - 845 articles
- 2012 - 1954 articles
- 2011 - 2029 articles
- 2010 - 2139 articles
- 2009 - 2066 articles
- 2008 - 1757 articles
- December 2008 - 146 articles
- November 2008 - 147 articles
- October 2008 - 232 articles
- September 2008 - 189 articles
- September 30th, 2008 (Tuesday) - 2 articles
- September 27th, 2008 (Saturday) - 1 articles
- September 25th, 2008 (Thursday) - 15 articles
- September 24th, 2008 (Wednesday) - 16 articles
- September 23rd, 2008 (Tuesday) - 8 articles
- September 22nd, 2008 (Monday) - 4 articles
- September 20th, 2008 (Saturday) - 1 articles
- September 18th, 2008 (Thursday) - 11 articles
- September 17th, 2008 (Wednesday) - 21 articles
- September 16th, 2008 (Tuesday) - 9 articles
- September 15th, 2008 (Monday) - 2 articles
- September 14th, 2008 (Sunday) - 1 articles
- September 12th, 2008 (Friday) - 3 articles
- September 11th, 2008 (Thursday) - 29 articles
- September 10th, 2008 (Wednesday) - 10 articles
- September 9th, 2008 (Tuesday) - 1 articles
- September 8th, 2008 (Monday) - 10 articles
- September 5th, 2008 (Friday) - 3 articles
- September 4th, 2008 (Thursday) - 9 articles
- September 3rd, 2008 (Wednesday) - 21 articles
- September 2nd, 2008 (Tuesday) - 4 articles
- September 1st, 2008 (Monday) - 8 articles
- August 2008 - 126 articles
- July 2008 - 147 articles
- June 2008 - 111 articles
- May 2008 - 147 articles
- April 2008 - 141 articles
- March 2008 - 125 articles
- February 2008 - 135 articles
- January 2008 - 111 articles
|Warriors entertain Wildcats|
Both St. Frederick and Wossman are still trying to perfect their offenses.
St. Fred got hampered with five turnovers last week in a loss to Loyola Prep.
Wossman (3-0) still has to find a way to not make too many mental errors and turnovers even though the Wildcats scored a 28-14 come-from-behind win against Washington-Marion a week ago.
"The guys need to improve a little offensively," Wossman head coach Vince Landrum said. "We are making some bad turnovers but did go from four last week to two on Friday so it is improving."
Wossman has been pulled along by running back Wilbert Williams and his five rushing touchdowns so far this season.
The passing game is also up for improvement this week. The Wildcats are learning how to put a really balanced attack on the field.
"We want to improve our pass blocking a little bit," Landrum said. "I think the kids are listening well and doing what we ask of them."
While St. Fred (1-2) struggles to find it offensive stride after Friday night's 35-14 loss to Loyola Prep, the Warriors have been solid in the running game.
Both quarterback Landon Williams (3 TDs) and running back Chris Buttitta (4 TDs) have been big contributors for the Warriors this season.
For the season, the Warriors defense has been on the field way too long because of the fumble issues. A team fatigue could be a factor in this and future games if St. Fred. fails to find game-time balance for its offensive and defensive units.
This will be one of several big non-district battles inside Ouachita Parish on Friday night.
Kickoff is set for 7 p.m. at Warriors Stadium in Monroe.