Should members of the LSU Board of Supervisors disclose who receives their scholarships?|
Story Archives: Madison visits Eagles
- 2013 - 961 articles
- 2012 - 1954 articles
- 2011 - 2029 articles
- 2010 - 2139 articles
- 2009 - 2066 articles
- 2008 - 1757 articles
- December 2008 - 146 articles
- November 2008 - 147 articles
- October 2008 - 232 articles
- September 2008 - 189 articles
- September 30th, 2008 (Tuesday) - 2 articles
- September 27th, 2008 (Saturday) - 1 articles
- September 25th, 2008 (Thursday) - 15 articles
- September 24th, 2008 (Wednesday) - 16 articles
- September 23rd, 2008 (Tuesday) - 8 articles
- September 22nd, 2008 (Monday) - 4 articles
- September 20th, 2008 (Saturday) - 1 articles
- September 18th, 2008 (Thursday) - 11 articles
- September 17th, 2008 (Wednesday) - 21 articles
- September 16th, 2008 (Tuesday) - 9 articles
- September 15th, 2008 (Monday) - 2 articles
- September 14th, 2008 (Sunday) - 1 articles
- September 12th, 2008 (Friday) - 3 articles
- September 11th, 2008 (Thursday) - 29 articles
- September 10th, 2008 (Wednesday) - 10 articles
- September 9th, 2008 (Tuesday) - 1 articles
- September 8th, 2008 (Monday) - 10 articles
- September 5th, 2008 (Friday) - 3 articles
- September 4th, 2008 (Thursday) - 9 articles
- September 3rd, 2008 (Wednesday) - 21 articles
- September 2nd, 2008 (Tuesday) - 4 articles
- September 1st, 2008 (Monday) - 8 articles
- August 2008 - 126 articles
- July 2008 - 147 articles
- June 2008 - 111 articles
- May 2008 - 147 articles
- April 2008 - 141 articles
- March 2008 - 125 articles
- February 2008 - 135 articles
- January 2008 - 111 articles
|Madison visits Eagles|
A mathematician might say six games separate the Madison Parish Jaguars and Ouachita Christian Eagles who tangle Friday night in Eagle Stadium.
The Jaguars are 0-3 and the Eagles 3-0.
OCS thrashed Lake Providence 43-6 last week and now sets its sights on its fourth consecutive win to open the 2008 season.
OCS is ranked No.2 in the state's Class 1-A polls this week and averages an impressive 510 yards per game offensively.
"We have played extremely well on both sides so far," OCS coach Steven Fitzhugh. "Jacob (Davis) is throwing and running the football well."
Davis threw two touchdown passes and ran for two more in the first half of the Eagles win over Lake Providence.
Matt Kennedy has also been a favorite offensive weapon at both receiver and kick return. An 86-yard return by Kennedy in the game Friday set up an OCS score.
The Eagles have been playing lights out on defense too. They have allowed just over 16 points per game. The efforts have included some very good run defense.
Mark Laird has been a big part of the defensive stand. Laird has two interceptions so far this season. He returned one for a score last week.
The Eagles feel the key for a win over Madison Parish will be to contain their speed at the skill positions and continue to score when the offense has the football.
"We need to continue to execute on every single play," Fitzhugh said. "We had some breakdowns Friday offensively that we need to correct."
Kickoff at OCS is scheduled for 7 p.m. KHLL 100.9 FM will have the radio and website stream of the game.