Should members of the LSU Board of Supervisors disclose who receives their scholarships?|
Story Archives: Magazine salutes Chennault Golf Course
- 2013 - 962 articles
- 2012 - 1954 articles
- 2011 - 2029 articles
- 2010 - 2139 articles
- 2009 - 2066 articles
- 2008 - 1757 articles
- December 2008 - 146 articles
- November 2008 - 147 articles
- October 2008 - 232 articles
- September 2008 - 189 articles
- September 30th, 2008 (Tuesday) - 2 articles
- September 27th, 2008 (Saturday) - 1 articles
- September 25th, 2008 (Thursday) - 15 articles
- September 24th, 2008 (Wednesday) - 16 articles
- September 23rd, 2008 (Tuesday) - 8 articles
- September 22nd, 2008 (Monday) - 4 articles
- September 20th, 2008 (Saturday) - 1 articles
- September 18th, 2008 (Thursday) - 11 articles
- September 17th, 2008 (Wednesday) - 21 articles
- September 16th, 2008 (Tuesday) - 9 articles
- September 15th, 2008 (Monday) - 2 articles
- September 14th, 2008 (Sunday) - 1 articles
- September 12th, 2008 (Friday) - 3 articles
- September 11th, 2008 (Thursday) - 29 articles
- September 10th, 2008 (Wednesday) - 10 articles
- September 9th, 2008 (Tuesday) - 1 articles
- September 8th, 2008 (Monday) - 10 articles
- September 5th, 2008 (Friday) - 3 articles
- September 4th, 2008 (Thursday) - 9 articles
- September 3rd, 2008 (Wednesday) - 21 articles
- September 2nd, 2008 (Tuesday) - 4 articles
- September 1st, 2008 (Monday) - 8 articles
- August 2008 - 126 articles
- July 2008 - 147 articles
- June 2008 - 111 articles
- May 2008 - 147 articles
- April 2008 - 141 articles
- March 2008 - 125 articles
- February 2008 - 135 articles
- January 2008 - 111 articles
|Magazine salutes Chennault Golf Course|
Monroe's Chennault Golf Course has been rated among the "Best Places to Play" by Golf Digest magazine.
Golf director Michael Nugent received the notification in a recent letter from Jerry Tarde, chairman and editor-in-chief of Golf Digest.
The 2008-09 Gold Digest edition rates nearly 6,000 courses in North America and beyond. The courses were evaluated by approximately 20,000 Golf Digest readers on a five-point scale. Chennault Golf Course was rated among the best public golf courses to play for under $50.
"We feel like Chennault Golf Course is one of the best kept secrets in our region," said Mayor Jamie Mayo.
"Mike Nugent and his staff, and Johnny Riley, our community affairs director, have all done an outstanding job in improving it," Mayo said. "When we made the decision to close Selman Golf Course, we said we would put more resources into Chennault, and we've done that. We've made some remarkable improvements, but there's so many more improvements that we need."
Some of the recent improvements include a new irrigation system, new equipment, painting the clubhouse and improved customer service and leadership with Nugent, who also serves as the city's golf pro.
"We've been working hard for a number of years to improve the course, and this is a great thing for us to achieve," Riley said of Golf Digest's rating of Chennault.
"It really helps cement the Monroe Proud image that we're trying to project here throughout the entire city," Riley added.
Mayo believes the recognition Chennault received from Golf Digest will help draw in golf enthusiasts whenever they may be traveling near Monroe.
"We're going to keep that in the forefront so people know when they come to Chennault, they'll be playing in one of the best golf courses in the whole country," Mayo said. "That's significant for our city to be recognized in that way."