Should members of the LSU Board of Supervisors disclose who receives their scholarships?|
Story Archives: Neville blows out Minden
- 2013 - 801 articles
- 2012 - 1954 articles
- 2011 - 2029 articles
- 2010 - 2139 articles
- 2009 - 2066 articles
- 2008 - 1757 articles
- December 2008 - 146 articles
- November 2008 - 147 articles
- October 2008 - 232 articles
- September 2008 - 189 articles
- September 30th, 2008 (Tuesday) - 2 articles
- September 27th, 2008 (Saturday) - 1 articles
- September 25th, 2008 (Thursday) - 15 articles
- September 24th, 2008 (Wednesday) - 16 articles
- September 23rd, 2008 (Tuesday) - 8 articles
- September 22nd, 2008 (Monday) - 4 articles
- September 20th, 2008 (Saturday) - 1 articles
- September 18th, 2008 (Thursday) - 11 articles
- September 17th, 2008 (Wednesday) - 21 articles
- September 16th, 2008 (Tuesday) - 9 articles
- September 15th, 2008 (Monday) - 2 articles
- September 14th, 2008 (Sunday) - 1 articles
- September 12th, 2008 (Friday) - 3 articles
- September 11th, 2008 (Thursday) - 29 articles
- September 10th, 2008 (Wednesday) - 10 articles
- September 9th, 2008 (Tuesday) - 1 articles
- September 8th, 2008 (Monday) - 10 articles
- September 5th, 2008 (Friday) - 3 articles
- September 4th, 2008 (Thursday) - 9 articles
- September 3rd, 2008 (Wednesday) - 21 articles
- September 2nd, 2008 (Tuesday) - 4 articles
- September 1st, 2008 (Monday) - 8 articles
- August 2008 - 126 articles
- July 2008 - 147 articles
- June 2008 - 111 articles
- May 2008 - 147 articles
- April 2008 - 141 articles
- March 2008 - 125 articles
- February 2008 - 135 articles
- January 2008 - 111 articles
|Neville blows out Minden|
A stellar defensive effort and a stunning aerial assault drove the Neville Tigers past Minden Friday, 39-6.
Neville had plans entering the game to pass on a Minden secondary, a secondary that had given up big pass plays early in the season. Junior quarterback Taylor Birch misfired on three of his first four attempts only to rebound with his running ability.
Birch kept Neville on a scoring drive with a 25-yard jaunt to set up a 32-yard Matt Sqyres field goal to give the Neville squad a 3-0 first quarter lead.
Birch completed three consecutive passes on the next Neville drive, ending in a 29-yard scoring strike to running back DeAndre Reed.
"They were allowing us to throw the ball," said Neville coach Mickey McCarty. "Taylor (Birch) took advantage of that and made some big plays."
Ian Lavine then caught a 22-yard touchdown pass from Birch following a defensive stop by the black and gold.
Hagan Lawrence made the big defensive play of the game for Neville (2-1) when he intercepted Minden gunslinger T.Q. Mims and raced 44-yards for a Neville score.
Neville went into halftime leading, 32-6. The Tigers shifted into cruise control from there with a power running game powered by Reed.
"I felt like the offensive line did some real good things," McCarty said. "With our throwing success that means the line was doing some good things up front, too."
Mims, who has been a thorn in Neville's defensive backside the past two seasons, completed 20-of-38 for 159 yards with one touchdown and a pair of interceptions.
The Tigers go on the road to Marshall (Texas) High School Friday.