Should members of the LSU Board of Supervisors disclose who receives their scholarships?|
Story Archives: Ouachita wins in convincing fashion against Airline
- 2013 - 801 articles
- 2012 - 1954 articles
- 2011 - 2029 articles
- 2010 - 2139 articles
- 2009 - 2066 articles
- 2008 - 1757 articles
- December 2008 - 146 articles
- November 2008 - 147 articles
- October 2008 - 232 articles
- September 2008 - 189 articles
- September 30th, 2008 (Tuesday) - 2 articles
- September 27th, 2008 (Saturday) - 1 articles
- September 25th, 2008 (Thursday) - 15 articles
- September 24th, 2008 (Wednesday) - 16 articles
- September 23rd, 2008 (Tuesday) - 8 articles
- September 22nd, 2008 (Monday) - 4 articles
- September 20th, 2008 (Saturday) - 1 articles
- September 18th, 2008 (Thursday) - 11 articles
- September 17th, 2008 (Wednesday) - 21 articles
- September 16th, 2008 (Tuesday) - 9 articles
- September 15th, 2008 (Monday) - 2 articles
- September 14th, 2008 (Sunday) - 1 articles
- September 12th, 2008 (Friday) - 3 articles
- September 11th, 2008 (Thursday) - 29 articles
- September 10th, 2008 (Wednesday) - 10 articles
- September 9th, 2008 (Tuesday) - 1 articles
- September 8th, 2008 (Monday) - 10 articles
- September 5th, 2008 (Friday) - 3 articles
- September 4th, 2008 (Thursday) - 9 articles
- September 3rd, 2008 (Wednesday) - 21 articles
- September 2nd, 2008 (Tuesday) - 4 articles
- September 1st, 2008 (Monday) - 8 articles
- August 2008 - 126 articles
- July 2008 - 147 articles
- June 2008 - 111 articles
- May 2008 - 147 articles
- April 2008 - 141 articles
- March 2008 - 125 articles
- February 2008 - 135 articles
- January 2008 - 111 articles
|Ouachita wins in convincing fashion against Airline|
Clicking on all cylinders, the Ouachita Lions rolled over Airline Friday night for a 31-7 victory in District 1-5A action.
The Lions (2-1) got on the board first after a long drive set up a 1-yard score by running back Montrell Conner. Conner ran for 104 yards and two touchdowns on the night.
Conner electrified the crowd later in the game with a 76-yard touchdown, closing out Ouachita's scoring for the evening.
"We responded well to the trip," said Ouachita head John Carr. "We were focused and played well."
Rarces Jones emerged as a scoring threat for Ouachita. He caught a 13-yard touchdown pass from Corey Treadway in the second quarter.
Ouachita utilized a ball-control game plan in racing to a 24-0 lead at intermission. The Lions devoured more than half of the clock in the first two quarters of play.
Meanwhile, Treadway continues to improve for Ouachita, passing for 94 yards with no interceptions in the contest.
"Corey is throwing the ball well," Carr said. "I thought (Rarces) Jones caught some balls and made a big play there."
The Ouachita defense again played a solid ballgame. A pair of turnovers put Ouachita in scoring position. Airline (1-2) never recovered.
Ouachita's pass rush played a role in limiting Airline to only 35 yards passing, including a fourth quarter touchdown, which represented Airline's only points on the night.
Ouachita hosts District 1-5A foe West Monroe (3-0) Friday in what probably will be the biggest contest the "Lions Den" has seen in years. Kickoff is scheduled for 7 p.m.
Besides district standings, the Lions/Rebels match-up could have implications on playoff standings later in the year.