Should members of the LSU Board of Supervisors disclose who receives their scholarships?|
Story Archives: Ouachita Christian rolls over Lake Providence
- 2013 - 801 articles
- 2012 - 1954 articles
- 2011 - 2029 articles
- 2010 - 2139 articles
- 2009 - 2066 articles
- 2008 - 1757 articles
- December 2008 - 146 articles
- November 2008 - 147 articles
- October 2008 - 232 articles
- September 2008 - 189 articles
- September 30th, 2008 (Tuesday) - 2 articles
- September 27th, 2008 (Saturday) - 1 articles
- September 25th, 2008 (Thursday) - 15 articles
- September 24th, 2008 (Wednesday) - 16 articles
- September 23rd, 2008 (Tuesday) - 8 articles
- September 22nd, 2008 (Monday) - 4 articles
- September 20th, 2008 (Saturday) - 1 articles
- September 18th, 2008 (Thursday) - 11 articles
- September 17th, 2008 (Wednesday) - 21 articles
- September 16th, 2008 (Tuesday) - 9 articles
- September 15th, 2008 (Monday) - 2 articles
- September 14th, 2008 (Sunday) - 1 articles
- September 12th, 2008 (Friday) - 3 articles
- September 11th, 2008 (Thursday) - 29 articles
- September 10th, 2008 (Wednesday) - 10 articles
- September 9th, 2008 (Tuesday) - 1 articles
- September 8th, 2008 (Monday) - 10 articles
- September 5th, 2008 (Friday) - 3 articles
- September 4th, 2008 (Thursday) - 9 articles
- September 3rd, 2008 (Wednesday) - 21 articles
- September 2nd, 2008 (Tuesday) - 4 articles
- September 1st, 2008 (Monday) - 8 articles
- August 2008 - 126 articles
- July 2008 - 147 articles
- June 2008 - 111 articles
- May 2008 - 147 articles
- April 2008 - 141 articles
- March 2008 - 125 articles
- February 2008 - 135 articles
- January 2008 - 111 articles
|Ouachita Christian rolls over Lake Providence|
In control from the opening kickoff, the Ouachita Christian School Eagles thumped Lake Providence 43-6 Friday night.
"I was proud of our guys," said OCS coach Steven Fitzhugh. "They handled coming in and being ready from the opening kickoff."
Ranked No. 2 in the state, OCS (3-0) erupted for 29 first-quarter points. A 92-yard bomb from quarterback Jacob Davis to Glen Marshall started things off. Another Davis touchdown pass, this one to Matt Kennedy, was plenty to put OCS ahead for good at 14-0. Kennedy also had a long punt return in the second quarter, which led to another OCS score
Davis finished 7-of-13 passing for 141 yards and two touchdowns.
Dustin Andrews also was part of the first quarter outburst by OCS. His 9-yard touchdown run followed by a pair of scores on the ground by Davis was too much for Lake Providence to overcome.
The OCS defense continued to play the part of a stone wall with two fumble recoveries.
Lake Providence finally got on the scoreboard in middle of the third quarter with an 11-yard touchdown strike from quarterback Lamar Carraway to DeWayne Jackson.
"I thought we did well on defense," Fitzhugh said. "We made some plays and caused some turnovers, too."
Mark Laird put an exclamation point on the night for OCS with an interception return for a touchdown in the fourth quarter.
OCS remains at home this week, hosting its fourth home game in as many tilts, when Madison Parish pays a visit. Kickoff is scheduled for 7 p.m.