Should members of the LSU Board of Supervisors disclose who receives their scholarships?|
Story Archives: Airline visits Ouachita in District 1-5A bout
- 2013 - 801 articles
- 2012 - 1954 articles
- 2011 - 2029 articles
- 2010 - 2139 articles
- 2009 - 2066 articles
- 2008 - 1757 articles
- December 2008 - 146 articles
- November 2008 - 147 articles
- October 2008 - 232 articles
- September 2008 - 189 articles
- September 30th, 2008 (Tuesday) - 2 articles
- September 27th, 2008 (Saturday) - 1 articles
- September 25th, 2008 (Thursday) - 15 articles
- September 24th, 2008 (Wednesday) - 16 articles
- September 23rd, 2008 (Tuesday) - 8 articles
- September 22nd, 2008 (Monday) - 4 articles
- September 20th, 2008 (Saturday) - 1 articles
- September 18th, 2008 (Thursday) - 11 articles
- September 17th, 2008 (Wednesday) - 21 articles
- September 16th, 2008 (Tuesday) - 9 articles
- September 15th, 2008 (Monday) - 2 articles
- September 14th, 2008 (Sunday) - 1 articles
- September 12th, 2008 (Friday) - 3 articles
- September 11th, 2008 (Thursday) - 29 articles
- September 10th, 2008 (Wednesday) - 10 articles
- September 9th, 2008 (Tuesday) - 1 articles
- September 8th, 2008 (Monday) - 10 articles
- September 5th, 2008 (Friday) - 3 articles
- September 4th, 2008 (Thursday) - 9 articles
- September 3rd, 2008 (Wednesday) - 21 articles
- September 2nd, 2008 (Tuesday) - 4 articles
- September 1st, 2008 (Monday) - 8 articles
- August 2008 - 126 articles
- July 2008 - 147 articles
- June 2008 - 111 articles
- May 2008 - 147 articles
- April 2008 - 141 articles
- March 2008 - 125 articles
- February 2008 - 135 articles
- January 2008 - 111 articles
|Airline visits Ouachita in District 1-5A bout|
Following a tough loss to the Neville Tigers last week, the Ouachita Lions are looking to bounce back when they host the Airline Vikings Friday night.
Ouachita (1-1) has been solid on offense this season. Coming into his own in his first year at quarterback, Corey Treadway has plenty of options at his disposal in distributing the football.
One of those options is fellow senior Montrell Conner, a running back. Treadway and Conner also have been the leaders both physically and emotionally for the offense so far this season.
"I think the offense has done pretty well," said Ouachita coach John Carr. "We need to continue to work on our execution, though."
The Airline Vikings (1-1) present an interesting challenge for Ouachita in a District 1-5A match-up.
After squeaking out a 19-15 win over Bossier High School in week one of the season, Airline was embarrassed by cross town rival Byrd last week, 35-0.
Carr expects Airline to focus on running the ball when the Lions and Vikings meet. Mike Green, Airline's coach, has installed a power rushing attack that uses the option at various times to set up the occasional play action pass.
"They are real athletic," Carr said. "They will want to run the ball and we have to be ready for that."
Containment, according to Carr, is the most important task Ouachita faces in the Airline contest. If the Lions can contain the Airline's rushing attack and do a better job of tackling, they could take a bite out of the Vikings.
The leader of the Ouachita defense so far this season has been Cameron Blakes, who has 10 or more tackles in each game this season. The 5-10, 200 lb. senior is committed to the University of Louisiana-Monroe.
And Carr is banking on Blakes to help Ouachita do a better job on stopping opponents on third down.
"We did not do a good job on third down against Neville," Carr said. "We just could not get off the field."
Kickoff for the Ouachita/Airline contest is set for 7 p.m.