Should members of the LSU Board of Supervisors disclose who receives their scholarships?|
Story Archives: St. Frederick looks to throttle pass happy Loyola
- 2013 - 801 articles
- 2012 - 1954 articles
- 2011 - 2029 articles
- 2010 - 2139 articles
- 2009 - 2066 articles
- 2008 - 1757 articles
- December 2008 - 146 articles
- November 2008 - 147 articles
- October 2008 - 232 articles
- September 2008 - 189 articles
- September 30th, 2008 (Tuesday) - 2 articles
- September 27th, 2008 (Saturday) - 1 articles
- September 25th, 2008 (Thursday) - 15 articles
- September 24th, 2008 (Wednesday) - 16 articles
- September 23rd, 2008 (Tuesday) - 8 articles
- September 22nd, 2008 (Monday) - 4 articles
- September 20th, 2008 (Saturday) - 1 articles
- September 18th, 2008 (Thursday) - 11 articles
- September 17th, 2008 (Wednesday) - 21 articles
- September 16th, 2008 (Tuesday) - 9 articles
- September 15th, 2008 (Monday) - 2 articles
- September 14th, 2008 (Sunday) - 1 articles
- September 12th, 2008 (Friday) - 3 articles
- September 11th, 2008 (Thursday) - 29 articles
- September 10th, 2008 (Wednesday) - 10 articles
- September 9th, 2008 (Tuesday) - 1 articles
- September 8th, 2008 (Monday) - 10 articles
- September 5th, 2008 (Friday) - 3 articles
- September 4th, 2008 (Thursday) - 9 articles
- September 3rd, 2008 (Wednesday) - 21 articles
- September 2nd, 2008 (Tuesday) - 4 articles
- September 1st, 2008 (Monday) - 8 articles
- August 2008 - 126 articles
- July 2008 - 147 articles
- June 2008 - 111 articles
- May 2008 - 147 articles
- April 2008 - 141 articles
- March 2008 - 125 articles
- February 2008 - 135 articles
- January 2008 - 111 articles
|St. Frederick looks to throttle pass happy Loyola|
St. Frederick will be tested again this week when Loyola Prep pays a visit to Warrior Stadium Friday night.
Coming off a dominating 29-6 win over the Delhi Bears last week, St. Frederick is led by running back Chris Buttita and Logan Williams. They have given the Warriors all the offense they have needed thus far on the season.
While depth issues often plagued many Class 1A schools, the Warriors (2-0) have shown they're up to the challenge.
"We have been working hard," said St. Frederick coach Paul Guerriero. "We have made improvement this week."
Loyola (1-1) opened the season with a loss to Many, 34-15. Loyola bounced back last week with a 20-7 victory over Logansport.
Former Evangel assistant coach Steven Geter is the new head coach at Loyola. Geter's Flyers have certainly flown like the Eagles from Evangel on offense.
"Loyola will throw the ball 90 percent of the time," Guerriero said. "They put the Evangel spread offense in this season. They will line up and throw to many different receivers."
With that in mind, Guerriero feels his team must put pressure on the Loyola quarterback. The Warrior defense will need to be on top of its assignments at all times.
"We have been working on hitting our gaps," Guerrerio said. "We have to do a little better job of tackling this week, too."
St. Frederick's key to scoring on the Flyers will fall to Buttita and Williams, who are expected to establish a running game for the Warriors. If they can pull that off, the Warriors may find some passing lanes open to keep the Flyer defense honest.
Friday's bout between St. Frederick and Loyola will mark the second of three consecutive home games for the Warriors. Kickoff is set to begin at 7 p.m.
The Wossman Wildcats will invade Warrior Stadium next week.