Should members of the LSU Board of Supervisors disclose who receives their scholarships?|
Story Archives: Neville puts up 36 big ones on rival Ouachita
- 2013 - 801 articles
- 2012 - 1954 articles
- 2011 - 2029 articles
- 2010 - 2139 articles
- 2009 - 2066 articles
- 2008 - 1757 articles
- December 2008 - 146 articles
- November 2008 - 147 articles
- October 2008 - 232 articles
- September 2008 - 189 articles
- September 30th, 2008 (Tuesday) - 2 articles
- September 27th, 2008 (Saturday) - 1 articles
- September 25th, 2008 (Thursday) - 15 articles
- September 24th, 2008 (Wednesday) - 16 articles
- September 23rd, 2008 (Tuesday) - 8 articles
- September 22nd, 2008 (Monday) - 4 articles
- September 20th, 2008 (Saturday) - 1 articles
- September 18th, 2008 (Thursday) - 11 articles
- September 17th, 2008 (Wednesday) - 21 articles
- September 16th, 2008 (Tuesday) - 9 articles
- September 15th, 2008 (Monday) - 2 articles
- September 14th, 2008 (Sunday) - 1 articles
- September 12th, 2008 (Friday) - 3 articles
- September 11th, 2008 (Thursday) - 29 articles
- September 10th, 2008 (Wednesday) - 10 articles
- September 9th, 2008 (Tuesday) - 1 articles
- September 8th, 2008 (Monday) - 10 articles
- September 5th, 2008 (Friday) - 3 articles
- September 4th, 2008 (Thursday) - 9 articles
- September 3rd, 2008 (Wednesday) - 21 articles
- September 2nd, 2008 (Tuesday) - 4 articles
- September 1st, 2008 (Monday) - 8 articles
- August 2008 - 126 articles
- July 2008 - 147 articles
- June 2008 - 111 articles
- May 2008 - 147 articles
- April 2008 - 141 articles
- March 2008 - 125 articles
- February 2008 - 135 articles
- January 2008 - 111 articles
|Neville puts up 36 big ones on rival Ouachita|
Grinding it out on the ground and keeping its defense off the field was the focal point of Neville's game plan going into its contest with rival Ouachita at Lions Stadium Friday night.
Executing that strategy to perfection evolved into to a 36-25 victory for the Tigers (1-1).
DeAndre Reed led Neville with 182 total yards and three touchdowns. The running back stepped out of the backfield to catch a pair of touchdown passes from quarterback Taylor Birch.
Birch was dynamite in leading the Neville offense. The 6-2 senior completed 11-of-18 passes for 157 yards and four touchdowns.
The Ouachita defense struggled to contain the Tigers as Neville ate up most of the game on a trio of 10-play drives, which resulted in touchdown passes from Birch.
"We had some problems tackling," said Ouachita coach John Carr. "We need to do a better job. I thought that was a big difference in the ball game."
Birch hit Truman Van Vechhoven for a 21-yard score in the first quarter. Moments later, he found Reed for a 10-yard TD strike. He would later find Reed for another touchdown pass but not before tossing a 13-yard TD pass to Des Collins.
Ouachita (1-1) made a move toward a come back in the fourth quarter following a nice drive, which ended with 3-yard touchdown run by quarterback Corey Treadway.
Montrell Conner, a Mississippi State commitment, capped off scoring for the Lions with a 13-yard jaunt in the final minutes of the game. Conner had 175 yards on 23 carries in the game.
"We played pretty well offensively," Carr said. "I thought we ran the ball with some success."
Ouachita will start district play by hosting Airline Friday night at 7 p.m., while Neville will travel to Minden for a Friday night match-up.