Should members of the LSU Board of Supervisors disclose who receives their scholarships?|
Story Archives: West Monroe enters district play
- 2013 - 801 articles
- 2012 - 1954 articles
- 2011 - 2029 articles
- 2010 - 2139 articles
- 2009 - 2066 articles
- 2008 - 1757 articles
- December 2008 - 146 articles
- November 2008 - 147 articles
- October 2008 - 232 articles
- September 2008 - 189 articles
- September 30th, 2008 (Tuesday) - 2 articles
- September 27th, 2008 (Saturday) - 1 articles
- September 25th, 2008 (Thursday) - 15 articles
- September 24th, 2008 (Wednesday) - 16 articles
- September 23rd, 2008 (Tuesday) - 8 articles
- September 22nd, 2008 (Monday) - 4 articles
- September 20th, 2008 (Saturday) - 1 articles
- September 18th, 2008 (Thursday) - 11 articles
- September 17th, 2008 (Wednesday) - 21 articles
- September 16th, 2008 (Tuesday) - 9 articles
- September 15th, 2008 (Monday) - 2 articles
- September 14th, 2008 (Sunday) - 1 articles
- September 12th, 2008 (Friday) - 3 articles
- September 11th, 2008 (Thursday) - 29 articles
- September 10th, 2008 (Wednesday) - 10 articles
- September 9th, 2008 (Tuesday) - 1 articles
- September 8th, 2008 (Monday) - 10 articles
- September 5th, 2008 (Friday) - 3 articles
- September 4th, 2008 (Thursday) - 9 articles
- September 3rd, 2008 (Wednesday) - 21 articles
- September 2nd, 2008 (Tuesday) - 4 articles
- September 1st, 2008 (Monday) - 8 articles
- August 2008 - 126 articles
- July 2008 - 147 articles
- June 2008 - 111 articles
- May 2008 - 147 articles
- April 2008 - 141 articles
- March 2008 - 125 articles
- February 2008 - 135 articles
- January 2008 - 111 articles
|West Monroe enters district play|
With a 28-7 victory over Leesville under their belts, the West Monroe Rebels move into District 2-5A action when they host the Huntington Raiders of Shreveport Friday night.
Kickoff is scheduled for 7 p.m.
"Huntington is a very athletic team," West Monroe coach Don Shows said. "We will have to try and contain their spread offense."
In a 41-22 loss at Marshall, Tex., Friday night, Huntington went toe-to-toe with the Mavericks in the first half thanks in large part to a vaunted spread offense that is not afraid to put the ball in the air.
The Raiders led 14-7 in the second quarter behind the strong performance of senior quarterback back Cortney Sims, who went 11-of-15 for 88 yards and one touchdown.
Huntington was prone to give up the big play in the second half. The Raiders didn't have the depth to hang with Marshall in the end.
Meanwhile, West Monroe (1-0) will turn its attention to improving in the trenches. The Rebels coaching staff sees improvement in the offensive and defensive lines but getting better up front has been a priority this week in practice.
"We want to continue to get better," Shows said. "I thought we did better in those areas this week than in the jamboree."
"We have to keep being more and more physical," Shows added.
Defensively the Rebels have done well in moving quickly to the ball carrier. That is an area Shows thinks West Monroe must continue to excel in to be a championship football team again.
"We were flying to the ball on Saturday," Shows said. "I think we must continue to do that this week, too."